Regional Service Charge Manager
You’ll be leading the team to deliver excellent customer service to our residents in relation to their service charge accounts. You will ensure the customer is receiving a fast and responsive service from the team. You’ll have great communication and people skills to lead, motivate and support the team and develop a customer focussed team. You’ll be bringing your team together to work in one seamless MTVH way.
We’re looking to be sector leaders in this arena, and continuous improvement is a key focus, so a problem solving, positive and can-do approach is important. Being able to work with internal teams in the business will be an important part of the role, to ensure processes are consistent and fair for the resident.
Your overall responsibilities will be to ensure we are recovering the correct costs from residents through accurate charging to accounts, setting fair rents and service charges, and effective budgeting and monitoring of accounts.
What you'll need to succeed
- Ability to effectively manage a team and direct resources
- Knowledge and/or experience of budget management and appropriate controls
- Knowledge of the legal and statutory framework around home ownership & service charges and preparing legal cases for Courts and Tribunals
- Experience of working in a customer service environment
- Experience and detailed understanding of Service Charges, Housing and/or Residential Property Management
- Demonstrates and encourages a proactive can-do approach
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to interpret numerical data and complex documents and present analysis and conclusions in an easy to understand way, both in person and in writing
- Demonstrated a high level of attention to detail
- Excellent IT skills including advanced Excel
Our organisation was built on a simple mission – to give people a safe, secure, and affordable home. That is as true today as it was in the 1950’s, when our founder Molly Huggins established on organisation to provide homes for Windrush migrants in London. Our core purpose I that “everyone should have a home and the chance to live well” To fulfil this vision, we work with partners to make our neighbourhoods – new and old - sustainable and vibrant places, where our customers want to live. We put people at the heart of everything we do and to guide is in every decision we make. Through managing more than 57,000 households we work at a scale that means our actions to achieve this have real impact.
We firmly believe that by serving people better every day, we will support a healthier, better cared for, and more prosperous society in the future. Like our founders before us, we will leave a lasting legacy for future generations. Our colleagues are crucial to our success in achieving this. Therefore, we are committed to investing in colleagues and creating the opportunity for them to develop. Our working environment has been designed to be one that brings out the very best in people.
What you'll get in return
We also offer a wide range of benefits. Please take a look at our benefits document attached.
All employment decisions at MTVH are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marital status, pregnancy or maternity, race or religion, sex or sexual orientation.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found so we do encourage you to complete the application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.