We are seeking a Head of Customer Services on a 12-month contract to lead our high-performing and dynamic Customer Services teams, includes all housing management, lettings, repairs and income collection, financial inclusion, and welfare advice, sheltered housing, community development and resident involvement. For us, housing is more than bricks and mortar- it’s about creating sustainable futures and communities with customers at the heart. This is a key role, forming part of our Senior Leadership Team.
You will provide clear, visible, and motivational leadership for our Customer Services, ensuring the delivery of high-quality services, including:
- Leading on all aspects of housing management, including the implementation and delivery of an effective and customer-focused housing management service, ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Overseeing Neighbourhood Management teams (lettings, responsive repairs, income collection, financial inclusion, and welfare advice), Community Development and Customer Experience Team with 4-line managers.
- Participate within the Senior Leadership Team in forward planning and the effective daily organisation of Worthing Homes’ activities.
- Ensure the voice of the customer is heard throughout the business by effectively involving them in the formulation of policies and resident scrutiny.
- Overseeing performance management of all customer services areas to monitor and benchmark the effective delivery of the housing service to the required standard within budgetary targets.
We are looking for:
- A skilled and resourceful senior manager, with extensive recent experience of managing all aspects of housing operational work in social housing
- Extensive knowledge of the housing operating environment, including national policy, legislation, statutory guidance, and good practice.
- Demonstrable experience of the provision of customer services and housing services within the social housing sector.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and current thinking on best practice in all relevant areas.
- To be a motivational leading and people manager.
- Experience of managing budgets, both income and expenditure;
- A relevant professional qualification (e.g. CIOH, RICS or CIOB) and have current membership of a relevant professional body
To apply, send your CV and supporting statement/covering letter, maximum 3 pages each to email@example.com. Closing date 28th July 2021 at 12pm.
The successful candidate will be available to start ASAP, no later than 6th September 2021