Asset Maintenance Surveyor Planned Works
The Guinness Partnership is one of the leading providers of affordable housing and care services in England. We build and manage homes and provide housing services for around 135,000 customers nationwide. Of our 65,000 homes, more than 70% are let at a social or affordable rent, while around 10,000 are owned or part-owned by the people who live in them.
Our vision is to deliver great service, provide great homes, to be a great business and to be a great place to work. Because everything we do is about our customers, our communities and our people, any profit we make is re-invested in new and existing homes and improving services.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Planned Works Asset Maintenance Surveyor to join our team in the South West of England on a permanent basis.
The team you will join consists of a Team Leader and 3 Surveyors who are predominately field based and deliver planned replacement works to around 17000 properties across the South West of England.
The local office for team meetings is in Long Ashton Bristol.
Reporting to the Asset Maintenance Team Leader, you will work collaboratively with contractors and colleagues to ensure the delivery of high-quality repairs and maintenance service to our customers, ensure our properties are well maintained and contribute to the delivery of the Asset Management Operating Plan objectives
The post holder will provide advice and assistance to customers to help them maintain their homes and you will be responsible for managing large planned works projects (effectively the role of Contract Administrator), monitoring budgets and the supervision of work in progress as well as ensuring compliance with relevant safety and building legislation. The key to success is ensuring excellent customer service is provided whilst achieving great value for money.
Responsible for delivering planned investment programmes within a defined area, with special emphasis on Fire Eradication Works, Fire Alarms and also Warden Call Systems This role will cover Bristol, Somerset, Wiltshire, Gloucestershire and some areas of Devon.
Provide effective contract and project management skills to manage external, or internal contractors, in compliance with contract documents, cost models and processes
Deliver excellent level of customer service to external and internal customers or stakeholder
Ensure the right work is delivered at the right time through effective Please review the attached role profile for a full list of responsibilities.
What we’re looking for
We’re a customer-focussed organisation so we know that how we do things is just as important as what we do. You’ll not only be an experienced Planned Works Asset Maintenance Surveyor but you’ll also have great customer service skills and a willingness to go the extra mile to get the job done. You’ll also be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent level of knowledge of building construction, standards, and legislation, and an ability to diagnose and specify remedies to building defects.
- Excellent contract management and budget management skills
- Ability and presence to be proactive and work on own initiative, with limited supervision, and be able to manage contractors delivering building works at project level including H&S and all aspects within CDM requirements, quality, value and progress with excellent organisational skills.
- Good IT skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office, housing and property management systems.
- Able to demonstrate Guinness behavioural competencies.
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise a heavy workload, whilst working on a mobile basis, and keep excellent records
- Enthusiasm for identifying and embracing new ways of working and good practice
- Due to the nature of the work a full drivers license and use of your OWN CAR is essential
Advert Closing Date: Friday 30th July 2021
If you’re interested in finding out more about the key responsibilities of the role and/or to ensure you meet the essential criteria, please review the attached role profile.
What’s on offer?
We offer an excellent benefits package that help make Guinness a great place to work. Benefits include but aren't limited to:
- Competitive Salary of £35,075 rising to £36,921 after 12 months service
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays for a great work/life balance
- On-going support and training to achieve your targets and really get to know the business.
- Amazing opportunities to develop your career internally and support from managers to do so.
- Access to Simply Health Scheme – claim back every day medical expenses.
- Competitive Pension Scheme
- Access to Employee assistance programme
- Access to Benefits Portal offering everyday Lifestyle Benefits
- Professional qualification support & financial support for professional subscriptions
- Thank you awards - by nomination
- Aspire programme - £100 allowance per employee each financial year
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Training & E-learning courses
The Guinness Partnership is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all colleagues, and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.