3 days left
- Organisation Type
- Housing association / RP
Origin – shaping communities; building lives
Origin exists to make change happen for the good of communities. We help people by providing affordable homes – but that’s not enough. We support vulnerable adults to lead happy and better lives. We empower our staff to take action and rise to every challenge with ‘can do’ positivity.
Good people are the future of our innovative, working community. We have placed a brand new and exciting ‘People’ strategy at the heart of our culture – to support training and personal development, to deliver our values, to move Origin forward.
Our vision for this role
We’re looking for committed and motivated individuals to work within a small team to deliver support to service users with learning disabilities. You will be promoting choice, independence, integration within the local community and development of skills in line with the valuing people framework. You will be working on a flexible shift basis.
You need to truly care about the issues affecting vulnerable people. You want to make a difference to their wellbeing and understand that social isolation can happen anywhere and to anybody.
This is a great opportunity for you to have a real impact on the lives of our service users.
What you’ll do
This is a rewarding and exciting position – responsible for building relationships and trust both internally within your Origin team and externally with the community you serve.
- You will work with the team to provide a consistent approach to the support that we give.
Give your time
- You will be acting as main point of contact for your key service users.
- Providing support to service users to make and attend appointments where necessary.
- Using your time available to keep up to date with all admin work including emails, reviews and support plans.
Bring people together
- You will be working with colleagues, families (where applicable) and other professionals for the benefit of the service users.
Go the extra mile
- You will keep up to date on regulatory changes and actively look at ways to develop yourself and the service.
What you’ll need
- To demonstrate knowledge and experience of people with learning disabilities or working with other vulnerable groups.
- Ability to work with families and liaise with other professionals as part of providing a support service
- Good written and verbal communication skills. This role includes writing concise and accurate daily reports
- Ability to work a variable work pattern including weekends and bank holidays
- To travel across the Borough to various service users’ homes
- Be able to balance your time with providing support and completing administrative tasks while working to deadlines
Tell us your story
We are looking forward to learning about you. Please help us get to know you by sending your latest CV detailing how your experience meets the role above. To find out more about us simply visit www.originhousing.org.uk
Please note we will be asking for satisfactory references and DBS check. Successful applicants for interview will be contacted within seven days after the closing date.
Benefits for the right person
We reward our people for the work they do. We appreciate commitment, initiative and going the extra mile. At Origin, our comprehensive range of benefits care about the ‘whole’ person. As well as offering you great-to-have discounts, we look after your health and well-being too – personalising your benefits package to you. We offer:
- Access to a range of discounts on services, products and experiences. Not simply picked at random but personalised to you
- Tailor-made Healthcare plans and/or insurance plans – let us know your preference
- An Employee Assistance Programme that supports your well-being and is there to provide valuable help at all times
- A choice of rewards that you choose where to spend
- An Awards recognition scheme that champions individual achievement
Closing date: 1 Aug 2021
Interview and assessment date: 12 Aug 2021
Apply for Support Worker
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Enfield
- Anti-social behaviour Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Enfield
- Care and support Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Enfield
- Housing / neighbourhood management Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Enfield
- Social Care Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Enfield