Are you able to provide excellent project management and deliver our Fire Door Replacement Programme (within Capital Works) successfully? Do you deliver a high level of customer service?
If so, you may be interested in our opening for a Contracts Manager (Fire Door Replacement) based in either Clerkenwell, London or Horsham, Sussex on a full time, permanent basis.
As the Contracts Manager (Fire Door Replacement) you will provide an excellent project management resource within the Capital Works team in our Property Maintenance & Investment department.
You will be responsible for monitoring contracts, ensuring budgets are managed, payments are made in-line with services received, producing reports and procuring and delivering effective services in relation to our Fire Door Programme. You will ensure value for money is achieved alongside the highest standards of workmanship and customer care.
You will ensure health & safety procedures are adhered to and monitor and report of performance (including contractor/sub-contractor works).
We are looking for applicants who have substantial experience of delivering results and managing projects within building works. You should have a good knowledge of building and safety regulations and ideally experience of delivering works at various tenures. You should be a role model for customer service excellence.
You’ll can be based from one of our main offices in London or Horsham. Our London office is located in the buzzing yet cultural area of London which is centrally located and easy to access via various means of transport (2 minutes’ walk from Farringdon station). Our office in Sussex is located in the heart of the historic town of Horsham. It is close to a selection of shops and jut a 5 minutes’ walk from the training station with the addition of onsite free parking also available. Both offices have both been recently regenerated and offer a modern and vibrant working environment. We also offer the flexibility for agile working to allow you to work from home and so we’ll provide you with the necessary mobile working equipment. The 35 hours per week will be worked Monday to Friday, 7 hours per day.
There is an opportunity to include a cover letter with your application. Please use this opportunity to provide additional information on how you meet the criteria as set out in the person specification, and why you are the best candidate for this role.
What we need from you
- Experienced at delivering projects for building works
- Experience of delivering section 20 notices
- A proven/sound knowledge of health and safety and building safety
- Organised and methodical. Will ensure the highest standards are achieved
- Able to motivate and manage a skilled team
What we’ll offer you
- A salary of circa £50,000 per year
- 23 days holidays (plus public holidays) and as we close between Christmas and New Year, we give you another 3 days!
- The chance to buy or sell additional leave
- £250 in vouchers as part of our colleague referral scheme
- Ongoing support for your wellbeing
- An inclusive environment where it’s OK to be you!
- Flexible benefits with some really exciting options which you can find out more about here!
Why work for Southern Housing Group?
There’s never been a better time to join Southern Housing Group. You’ll be part of a dynamic team within a flexible and innovative organisation who are stable and independent, which is crucial during these unprecedented times. Our customers come from all walks of life, and so do our colleagues. We actively encourage applications from people of any background who can bring an array of experience, skills and culture to our business, making us stronger and united. We celebrate our diversity and offer a safe environment where you can feel comfortable to truly be yourself. We’re proud to be part of various networks including BAME, The Women’s Network, PRISM – we’re also a Stonewall Diversity Champion, allowing those from within the LGBTQA+ community to feel empowered to express themselves freely without prejudice.
- What we do – We're a charitable business with social objectives, and customer service is at the heart of our business. We're proud of our reputation as a financially strong, stable, and independent housing provider. Every penny we make is reinvested in new homes, improving our services, and helping transform people’s lives.
- What we offer – We offer career progression, competitive salaries, and excellent benefits. We support and train our staff to excel as they develop their careers.
- Diversity & Inclusion – Southern Housing Group is an equal opportunities employer and seeks to employ a workforce which reflects the diverse community at large. Please note that in order to be considered for these opportunities you must have the right to work in the UK. Our roles may require travel between our various offices.
- Values – We are a values led organisation, and our principles resonate throughout the heartbeat of the company. Our values are Working Together, Getting Things Done and Doing the Right Thing.
As a Disability Confident employer with disabled-friendly offices and remote working opportunities, we actively encourage everyone to come and work for us, regardless of any form of disability. As such, we’ll happily make any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process to help you, should you need it. If you need additional support with your application due a disability, please contact us at email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help.
Closing Date: Sunday 8th August 2021