Predominantly cover the geographical area of central/northern England
Are you an experienced Property Surveyor looking for a role with a leading national charity?
If you are looking for a new role in which to use your skills whilst making a difference to difference to people’s lives on a daily basis we would love to hear from you! United Response is currently looking for a Property Surveyor to join out Housing Team.
As a leading national disability charity we are committed to improving the lives of young people and adults with a range of learning disabilities, physical disabilities, autism and mental health needs.
The role of Property Surveyor:
As a Property Surveyor with United Response your role would revolve around ensuring that the people we support are able to live in safe, comfortable surroundings with any issues being quickly identified and resolved. In your role you could expect to:
- Work with members of the housing and operation teams on property matters
- Ensure any repairs are completed in good time and to a high quality level
- Liaise and develop relationships with housing partners
- Ensure that property maintenance represents good value for money
- Assist the Asset, Maintenance and Development Lead with new business and properties
- Source new and reliable contractors when necessary
- Chair contractor progress meetings where appropriate
This is a role that will be vital to the health and safety of the people we support which ensures it will be as rewarding as it is busy.
What we are looking for:
In order to be considered for the role of Property Surveyor you will need to combine the technical skills with the values and passion of United Response. In addition to wanting to make a difference to the lives of the people we support, you should be able to demonstrate:
- An advanced understating of maintenance repairs and defect diagnosis
- Good organisational and future planning skills
- Familiarity with key compliance and legal obligations
- Previous experience of carrying out property inspections
- The ability to handle invoices and valuations
- Construction or Surveying membership of the CIOB or RICS
If you can combine these skills and experiences with excellent IT and communication skills as well as a full drivers licence and willingness to travel when required, you could make a great Property Surveyor at United Response.
Pay and rewards:
In addition to immense job satisfaction and the opportunity to be part of a fantastic organisation you will receive:
- £30,000 - £33,000 per annum
- 25 days paid annual leave (plus 8 bank holidays, pro rata for part time)
- Additional annual leave after 3 and 5 years’ service
- Pension contribution
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to free occupational health, physiotherapy, counselling and advice services
- Fully paid training and access to nationally recognised qualifications
- Travel to work scheme (season ticket loan)
- 2x basic salary life assurance scheme
- Access to an online shopping platform with discounts from over 3,500 retailers
Please note that as this role covers our areas across England you will be expected to travel and stay overnight when necessary and the successful candidate will be subject to a full DBS check.
In order to keep people safe and continue the fight against COVID-19 our Corporate Support are asked to test when they may come in to contact with other members of staff or people we support and are encouraged to receive their vaccine as soon as they start work.