Are you experienced at dealing with customer queries and complaints? Are you a confident problem solver who can provide support to our customers with repair related issues?
Do you have a technical understanding that enables you to digest technical repairs and maintenance terms, techniques, or practices then translate them into easy to understand and meaningful responses and action plans?
This role is an interesting hybrid position than allows you to draw on your specialist knowledge and technical expertise whilst also supporting our Customer Relations Team to effectively respond, resolve and learn from complaints.
If so, you may be interested in our opening for Customer Relations Liaison Officer (SMS) based in Maidstone on a full time, fixed term basis until the end of March 2022.
You’ll be based at our modern, vibrant office in Maidstone. We have free parking onsite, and you will be close to local shops and amenities. We also offer the flexibility for agile working to allow you to work from home and so we’ll provide you with the necessary mobile working equipment. The 40 hours per week will be worked Monday to Friday.
As a Customer Relations Liaison Officer (SMS) you will be confident and handling urgent queries and complaints from our customers. Working tirelessly to resolve these quickly and effectively. You will have technical understanding that will help you liaise directly with our internal teams, contractors and providers to resolve any issues with minimal impact.
You will be able to prioritise your workload and manage your time effectively to deliver a response that is aligned to our service level agreements (SLAs).
You will be a role model for delivering excellent customer service. You will manage expectations and adapt quickly to solve issues. You will be a fantastic communicator and team player.
There is an opportunity to include a cover letter with your application. Please use this opportunity to provide additional information on how you meet the criteria as set out in the person specification, and why you are the best candidate for this role.
What we need from you
- Proven customer service background, ideally dealing with heating and/or building safety queries
- Technical knowledge, understanding and experience of repairs and maintenance services
- A strong communicator
- Experience of using Microsoft Suite
- Calm under pressure
- Willing to go the extra mile
What we’ll offer you
- A salary of circa £30,000 - £35,000 per year pro rata, depending on skills/experience
- 23 days holidays (plus public holidays) pro rata
- The chance to buy or sell additional leave
- £250 in vouchers as part of our colleague referral scheme
- Ongoing support for your wellbeing
- An inclusive environment where it’s OK to be you!
- Flexible benefits with some really exciting options which you can find out more about here!
Why work for Southern Housing Group?
There’s never been a better time to join Southern Housing Group. You’ll be part of a dynamic team within a flexible and innovative organisation who are stable and independent, which is crucial during these unprecedented times. Our customers come from all walks of life, and so do our colleagues. We actively encourage applications from people of any background who can bring an array of experience, skills and culture to our business, making us stronger and united. We celebrate our diversity and offer a safe environment where you can feel comfortable to truly be yourself. We’re proud to be part of various networks including BAME, The Women’s Network, PRISM – we’re also a Stonewall Diversity Champion, allowing those from within the LGBTQA+ community to feel empowered to express themselves freely without prejudice.
- What we do – We're a charitable business with social objectives, and customer service is at the heart of our business. We're proud of our reputation as a financially strong, stable, and independent housing provider. Every penny we make is reinvested in new homes, improving our services, and helping transform people’s lives.
- What we offer – We offer career progression, competitive salaries, and excellent benefits. We support and train our staff to excel as they develop their careers.
- Diversity & Inclusion – Southern Housing Group is an equal opportunities employer and seeks to employ a workforce which reflects the diverse community at large. Please note that in order to be considered for these opportunities you must have the right to work in the UK. Our roles may require travel between our various offices.
- Values – We are a values led organisation, and our principles resonate throughout the heartbeat of the company. Our values are Working Together, Getting Things Done and Doing the Right Thing.
As a Disability Confident employer with disabled-friendly offices and remote working opportunities, we actively encourage everyone to come and work for us, regardless of any form of disability. As such, we’ll happily make any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process to help you, should you need it. If you need additional support with your application due a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to help.
Closing Date: Sunday 8th August 2021