We have 2 fantastic opportunities to join our team as an Environmental Operative - Grounds based in Thamesmead. You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis, and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £22,379 per annum plus attendance bonus paid in November (up to c.£900) and 25 days holiday, rising to 28 days after 5 years’ service.
About the Environmental Operative - Grounds role:
You will provide excellent front-line customer service by providing environmental services to the community of Thamesmead to ensure a clean and safe and well-maintained environment.
Responsibilities of our Environmental - Operative Grounds include:
- Carrying out bed maintenance, including leaf removal, weeding and pruning, and a variety of soft and hard landscape maintenance with hand tools or machines
- Carrying out grass cutting, both with hand machines and ride-on machines
- Removing leaves from both hard and soft landscapes areas
- Removing litter from both hard and soft landscape areas including bins
- Carrying out weed and pest control
- Assisting with the waterways when required
- Assisting park-mobile when required
- Assisting the tree gangs when required
- Ensuring that paths are salted where and when appropriate and participate in the snow clearance
- Wearing all protective clothing and uniform provided
- Ensuring that Peabody H&S requirements as a landlord, as a service provider, and as an employee are adhered to
As our Environmental Operative - Grounds, we are looking for:
- Competent driver with a full valid driving licence is essential along with the ability to drive to min 3500Kg
- Horticultural qualifications gained through short modular route or formal training
- Basic literacy skills desirable or ability to undertake training
- Understanding of Health and Safety in the workplace, with the ability to apply this with due regard whilst working in public areas
- General knowledge relating to landscaping supported either by qualification or significant experience
- Ability to carry out environmental works as contained in the job description paying attention to the very physical nature of the work and working in cold and dirty conditions
- General experience of environmental works in the landscaping field
- Practical experience supported by the ability to develop and undertake training
- Ability to use all communication equipment
- Demonstrates practical experience in the use of a wide range of powered equipment with the ability to train as and when required
Closing date: Thursday 5th August 2021, 5pm
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Environmental Operative - Grounds, please click ‘apply’ now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
We encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities, and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences, and abilities. We actively encourage BAME, LGBTQ+, and disabled applicants and value the positive impact that difference has on our teams. We are committed to equality and diversity within our workforce and all opportunities provided by The Peabody Group.
NO AGENCY INTEREST