We have a fantastic opportunity for a Rehousing Officer to join our team. This role is currently based from home due to COVID 19 until further notice. Peabody plans to move to a hybrid model of working which means that once our office refurbishment has been completed, the role will be part office (Waterloo) and part home-based. You will join us on a full- or part-time, permanent basis, and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £28,000 per annum.
About the Rehousing Officer role:
Peabody lets over a thousand homes during any given year. We are governed by very strict regulations and need to ensure that our activities are delivered in compliance with these regulations by ensuring that our housing systems and lettings activities meet the data, audit and regulatory expectations of the sector.
You will be part of a team responsible for the rehousing service ensuring that the Association makes the best use of its resources, carries out its duties as a Registered Social Landlord and achieves and exceeds performance targets and service standards.
Responsibilities of our Rehousing Officer:
- Updating and maintaining systems/records to ensure that information/data is kept up to date and accurate and that KPI’s are met
- Ensuring effective monitoring of all mobility schemes whilst maximising the rehousing benefit to the Association
- Ensuring nominations by local authorities and mobility schemes are properly exercised and monitored, whilst maximising the rehousing benefit to the Association
- Having the highest regard for customer service whilst understanding the need to effectively manage the demand for the service
- Representing Peabody effectively at stakeholder events and meetings
- Developing and maintaining good knowledge and robust understanding of statutory, regulatory and good practice and requirements in housing, especially tenancy management and health and safety
- Delivering comprehensive re-housing options advice service to our residents
- Proactively seeking opportunities for partnership working which bring benefit to Peabody
- Working flexibly, as required, conducting viewings at evenings or weekends to facilitate the prompt letting of properties
As our Rehousing Officer, we are looking for:
- Degree level or equivalent or demonstratable acquired skills for the role
- A commitment to continuing professional development.
- Good working knowledge of appropriate housing, tenancy, property legislation and good practice
- Ability to take the initiative, be self-motivated, work flexibly and creatively under pressure and to short deadlines.
- Intermediate-level computer literacy in Microsoft packages, including Word and Excel.
- Ability to work out of office hours, whether to attend meetings or participate in emergency duty rotas.
- Ability to attend surgeries or events in various locations
Closing date: Thursday 5th August 2021, 5pm
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Rehousing Officer, please click ‘apply’ now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
We encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities, and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences, and abilities. We actively encourage BAME, LGBTQ+, and disabled applicants and value the positive impact that difference has on our teams. We are committed to equality and diversity within our workforce and all opportunities provided by The Peabody Group.
NO AGENCY INTEREST