Peabody have an exciting opportunity for a Building Maintenance Manager to join our team in Waterloo. You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £47,048 per annum.
For this role you will working from home/flexi working, covering London/Essex regions. It is essential you must be willing to travel or be a driver.
About the Building Maintenance Manager role:
Peabody is recruiting a full time, permanent Building Maintenance Manager. The successful candidate will provide expert technical advice to care and support staff across a large Supported Housing portfolio in London and Essex. In addition, liaise with repair and maintenance services across the business, including (but not limited to) development, responsive repairs, voids, investment, fire safety and planned maintenance teams.
Responsibilities of our Building Maintenance Manager:
- Diagnose and specify responsive repairs and maintenance works
- Act as key liaison for planned and unplanned investment works and cyclical programmes, ensuring works are completed to agreed standards
- Support the identification, specification and delivery of estate improvements
- Complete stock condition surveys as part of the options appraisal process and make recommendations for planned investment, refurbishment, redevelopment and disposal
- Oversee compliance with health and safety checks, including but not limited to gas, legionella, asbestos, fire systems and PAT testing
- Work with business support to develop a standard process for recording and monitoring Health & Safety checks
- Oversee the void management process for directly managed voids and ensure that voids are ready within target and to budget
- Diagnose and schedule void works and minor repairs for directly managed voids
- Develop and implement a strategy to achieve real and demonstrable improvements in service and cost management across the service
- Lead and manage the Direct Labour Organisation service including void and day to day works
- Develop and implement Direct Labour Organisation service standards and processes
What we’re looking for in our Building Maintenance Manager:
- 5 GCSE’s including English & Maths at Grade E or above (or equivalent)
- 3 A levels – Grade E or above (or equivalent)
- Building Surveying or Chartered Institute of Building and/or two years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience of managing a mobile / dispersed workforce
- Experience of inspecting defects in dwellings and specifying cost effective repairs
- Ability to work as part of a team and build and maintain effective and supportive relationships with peers and partners
- Ability to work within tight timescales and budget
- Excellent time management skills and demonstrable ability to meet deadlines and achieve goals
- Comprehensive IT skills to include intermediate level use of Microsoft Office
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, staff and stakeholders in plain, easy to understand English, both in writing and verbally
- Demonstrable customer care skills
Benefits of becoming our Building Maintenance Manager:
- 25 days' annual leave, plus bank holidays pro rata
- Up to 4% pension contribution matched 1:1
- Flexible benefits of 1% of salary with a minimum of £300
- Spot Bonus awards
- Long Service awards
- Paid Induction Training and support to complete the Care Certificate (if required for the role
- Paid DBS (roles that require enhanced checks will include both the child and adult barring checks)
- Opportunities to gain skills and experience
- 24/7 access to a confidential employee assistance service
- Paid mileage at 45p per mile (as applicable)
- Sick pay
- Recognition through our WOW! Awards
Closing date: 5pm Monday 9th August 2021
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Building Maintenance Manager, please click ‘apply’ now!
We encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences and abilities. We actively encourage BAME, LGBTQ+ and disabled applicants and value the positive impact that difference has on our teams. We are committed to equality and diversity within our workforce and all opportunities provided by The Peabody Group.