Peabody have an exciting opportunity for an Outreach Support Worker to join our team in Southend-On-Sea. You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £20,910 per annum (£10.72 per hour).
At Peabody we are committed to providing assistance to our own vulnerable tenants and people living in our communities who need support to live well and independently. We provide specialist housing, care and support to people who are socially excluded, disabled, unwell or homeless.
About the Outreach Support Worker role:
You will provide a service where planned support and crisis intervention is delivered to vulnerable people with low, medium and high support needs living in independent accommodation with the aim of them maintaining their home.
Responsibilities of our Outreach Support Worker:
- Providing pre tenancy guidance and ongoing support to customers on all tenancy matters
- Enabling customers to abide by their tenancy agreements, giving advice and assistance on dealing with police and courts where this relates to housing matters
- Providing basic Welfare Benefits advice, assisting customers in claiming all benefit entitlements and assisting with accessing specialist support
- Participating in all parts of the service from the initial referral, being able to confidently triage to the right level of support, completing assessments and crisis support as required and to hold an individual caseload of customers requiring various levels of support living either in the community
- Encouraging customers to recognise the benefit of additional support services related to their mental health, drug and alcohol misuse problems, or other health issues and assist with access to these services
- Providing support to customers who have varying levels of need with housing, mental health needs, other health related issues, training/employment or any other needs that are identified
What we’re looking for in our Outreach Support Worker:
- Experience of providing support to the designated client group
- An understanding of customer service in a service delivery setting
- Knowledge of welfare benefits/health and safety issues relating to the designated client group
- Knowledge of safeguarding vulnerable adults and children’s local policies, protocols, and good practice
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, staff and stakeholders in plain, easy to understand English, both in writing and verbally
- Demonstrable customer care skills
- Ability to work flexibly including working evenings and weekends where the service requires it
- Ability to work as part of a team and build and maintain effective and supportive relationships with peers and partners
- Excellent time management skills, ability to meet deadlines and achieve goals
- Comprehensive I.T. skills and be able to use packages such as Office Outlook, Word and Excel, Internet and data base systems with ability to maintain electronic records
- Approachable with a can-do attitude
Benefits of becoming our Outreach Support Worker:
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Up to 4% pension contribution matched 1:1
- Flexible benefits of 1% of salary with a minimum of £300
- Spot Bonus awards
- Long Service awards
- Paid Induction Training and support to complete the Care Certificate (if required for the role)
- Paid DBS (roles that require enhanced checks will include both the child and adult barring checks)
- Opportunities to gain skills and experience
- 24/7 access to a confidential employee assistance programme line
- Paid Mileage at 45p per mile (as applicable)
- Sick pay
- Recognition through our WOW! Awards
Closing date: 5pm Monday 9th August 2021
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Outreach Support Worker, please click ‘apply’ now!
We encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences and abilities. We actively encourage BAME, LGBTQ+ and disabled applicants and value the positive impact that difference has on our teams. We are committed to equality and diversity within our workforce and all opportunities provided by The Peabody Group.