Peabody have an exciting opportunity for a Scheme Coordinator to join our team in Hackney. You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £23,785 per annum.
An Enhanced DBS disclosure is required for this role.
About the Scheme Coordinator role:
We have a vacancy in the London Older People's Services (OPS) team for a Scheme Coordinator. This is a full-time, permanent, site-based role operating at one of our flagship schemes in the London Borough of Hackney. This is a newbuild scheme, opened in 2016, which is a hybrid sheltered housing/extra care service catering to local people with wide ranging levels of independence.
Responsibilities of our Scheme Coordinator:
- Work with internal and external support providers to deliver a high standard of enhanced housing management to sheltered housing residents.
- Undertake needs and risks assessment for new and existing sheltered housing residents.
- Oversee gardening, cleaning, handyperson, and other contractor services as required, to ensure good quality and cost-effective delivery.
- Monitor and report on breaches of tenancy and play a role in dealing with complaints and tenancy disputes.
- Check regularly with residents to identify any issues or problems, reporting as appropriate.
- Assist in the management of access to services, in particular arrangement of viewings, completion of tenancy sign ups on occasion, and supporting residents to move in.
- Carry out regular building inspections, reporting repairs and proactively following-up to ensure timely and effective completion.
- Carry out health and safety checks, maintaining accurate records and taking remedial action as required.
- Manage and maintain laundry facilities and guest rooms.
- Manage key and fob access, allowing access to contractors and other visitors and ensuring the security of the building.
- Ensure communal areas are inviting and well maintained, initiating procurement of new furniture and equipment, and dealing with replacement and repairs.
- Report and follow up repairs, supporting customers to resolve maintenance problems where required.
- Maintain constructive relationships with customers, carers, support providers, contractors, and the local community.
- Support scheme meetings and consultation events, encouraging customer involvement.
- Report any safeguarding concerns promptly in line with organisational procedures.
What we’re looking for in our Scheme Coordinator:
- Be adaptable and customer focussed.
- Good listening and customer care skills.
- Able to carry out manual tasks with practical ability.
- Able to undertake minor repair maintenance work.
- Some prior knowledge of Health and Safety.
- Some prior knowledge of issues relating to housing maintenance.
- Preferably previous experience of working with the public.
- Preferably one year’s experience of manual working.
- Hold a clean, current driving licence and have access to suitable vehicle.
- Preferably IT literate.
- The post requires a current DBS check that is acceptable to Peabody.
- Approachable with a can-do attitude.
Benefits of becoming our Scheme Coordinator:
- 25 days' annual leave, plus bank holidays pro rata
- Up to 4% pension contribution matched 1:1
- Flexible benefits of 1% of salary with a minimum of £300
- Spot Bonus awards
- Long Service awards
- Paid Induction Training and support to complete the Care Certificate (if required for the role
- Paid DBS (roles that require enhanced checks will include both the child and adult barring checks)
- Opportunities to gain skills and experience
- 24/7 access to a confidential employee assistance service
- Paid mileage at 45p per mile (as applicable)
- Sick pay
- Recognition through our WOW! Awards
Closing date: 5pm Friday 6th August 2021
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Scheme Coordinator, please click ‘apply’ now!
We encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences and abilities. We actively encourage BAME, LGBTQ+ and disabled applicants and value the positive impact that difference has on our teams. We are committed to equality and diversity within our workforce and all opportunities provided by The Peabody Group.