Peabody have an exciting opportunity for Care Support Workers to join our team based in Benfleet. You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £18,525 per annum (£9.50 per hour).
Please note there is personal care involved in this role.
About the Care Support Worker role:
This is a visiting service, where you will assist people to live well at home, be independent and connected to their own community. We are looking for caring and compassionate people where you will support and ensure that they are assisted to make choices and be involved in all aspects of their life.
This will involve supporting customers to budget, support with medication & reordering, shopping, social activities, occasional personal care, housework & preparing/cooking meals. You will work within agreed boundaries, following operational guidance, policies and procedures. You will advocate for the people you support so that they are protected from harm and able to exercise their human rights.
Responsibilities of our Care Support Worker:
This will involves supporting customers to budget, support with medication & reordering, shopping, social activities, occasional personal care, housework & preparing/cooking meals.
You will work within agreed boundaries, following operational guidance, policies and procedures.
You will advocate for the people you support so that they are protected from harm and able to exercise their human rights.
What we’re looking for in our Care Support Worker:
- Empathetic & kind
- You must be comfortable carrying out minimal personal care on behalf of the customers & supporting them with all aspects of daily living.
- Excellent communication skills both written & spoken English
- Basic IT skills
The role can be demanding at times so you need to be resilient. Previous experience is not essential.
Candidates must be able to work a two week rolling rota which has a mixture of shifts: 7am to 2.30pm, 2.30pm to 10pm (Shift times may be subject to change to meet needs of the service).
Due to our locations, it is essential you have a full driving licence and use have their own car.
Benefits of becoming our Care Support Worker:
- 25 days' annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Up to 4% pension contribution matched 1:1
- Flexible benefits of 1% of salary with a minimum of £300
- Spot Bonus awards
- Long Service awards
- Paid Induction Training and support to complete the Care Certificate (if required for the role
- Paid DBS (roles that require enhanced checks will include both the child and adult barring checks)
- Opportunities to gain skills and experience
- 24/7 access to a confidential employee assistance service
- Paid mileage at 45p per mile (as applicable)
- Sick pay
- Recognition through our WOW! Awards
Closing date: 5pm, Friday 6th August 2021
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Care Support Worker, please click ‘apply’ now!
We encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences and abilities. We actively encourage BAME, LGBTQ+ and disabled applicants and value the positive impact that difference has on our teams. We are committed to equality and diversity within our workforce and all opportunities provided by The Peabody Group.