If you’re an outgoing, customer-focused individual who is a strong, strategic leader with a proven track record of successful property sales experience then this may be the perfect role for you!
We are proud of our abilities to provide homes for sale privately and through shared ownership as well as delivering quality sales services to our tenants and homeowners. We’re looking for an experienced Sales Services Manager to join our team on a full-time, permanent basis!
You’ll either be based at our modern, vibrant office in the heart of the historic Horsham town; being a convenient location which is close to a selection of shops, bars and restaurants and just a 5 minute walk from the train station (we also have on-site parking available) OR at our office in Farringdon, the buzzing yet cultural area of London which is centrally located and easy to access via various means of transport. However, we offer the flexibility for agile working to allow you to work from home and so we’ll provide you with the necessary mobile working equipment. The 35 hours per week will be worked Monday to Friday, 7 hours per day.
As our Sales Services Manager, you’ll be a crucial part of our team who deliver a programme of second hand homes for sale and promote our key sales services to existing residents, such as resales, staircasing, Homeflex, Second Steps, Right to Buy and lease extensions. You’ll also provide sales support to the New Homes Sales team when required.
Your key objectives in this role are to lead the team to ensure they provide an effective, time responsive and customer orientated sales service to existing and prospective customers of Southern Housing Group and our subsidiary companies. Through your hard-work, determination and leadership skills, you’ll ensure your team achieve sales targets, typically comprising of levels of income, transactions, sales periods, void loss and customer satisfaction.
As with any role, we do require certain criteria from you to be eligible to apply. We’re really looking for someone with:
- An experienced people-manager with strong leadership and strategic skills
- Proven track record of successful property sales experience
- Experience of successfully marketing and promoting services, products, or homes for sale
- Experience of delivering Shared Ownership sales or subsequent sales service activities
- An understanding of Capital Funding requirements and the legal conveyancing process
- Good communication skills, both verbally and written, as well as passion and commitment to the delivery of customer service excellence
- Good negotiation skills with the ability to influence and persuade
- Ability to produce and analyse systems and data
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with stakeholders and colleagues
- Organisation skills with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines and targets
What we’ll offer you
- A very competitive salary of circa £41,000 depending on experience
- 23 days holidays plus public holidays. We also close between Christmas and New Year, so you get another 3 days bonus!
- The ability to carry over annual leave and buy extra leave
- Flexible working
- A great pension scheme
- Cash claim-back on medical treatments
- Employee referral scheme
- Discounted rates on a cycle scheme, personal medical plans, life assurance, give as you earn, critical illness and travel insurance
- More information can be found on our careers page!
There is an opportunity to include a cover letter with your application. Please use this opportunity to provide additional information on how you meet the criteria as set out in the person specification, and why you are the best candidate for this role
Closing date – 8th August 2021
Our customers come from all walks of life, and so do our colleagues. We actively encourage applications from people of any background who can bring an array of experience, skills and culture to our business, making us stronger and united. We celebrate our diversity and offer a safe environment where you can feel comfortable to truly be yourself. We’re proud to be part of various networks including BAME, The Women’s Network, PRISM – we’re also a Stonewall Diversity Champion, allowing those from within the LGBTQA+ community to feel empowered to express themselves freely without prejudice.
As a Disability Confident employer with disabled-friendly offices and remote working opportunities, we actively encourage everyone to come and work for us, regardless of any form of disability. As such, we’ll happily make any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process to help you, should you need it. If you need additional support with your application due a disability, please contact us and we’ll be happy to help.