Customer Liaison Officer
The Role and Person
- 12 month FTC
- 35 hours
We have an exciting opportunity for a Customer Liaison Officer to join us on a 12 month fixed term contract, with the potential to be extended.
Your main focus in this role is to contribute to the delivery of an excellent Repairs & Maintenance service to our customers through close liaison with customers, colleagues and contractors.
You will need to be highly motivated, with a passion for problem solving and confident communicating with customers to ensure service standards are met or exceeded.
As a Customer Liaison Officer, a typical day might include:
- Contribute to achieving regional and group key performance indicators in the areas of Repairs & Maintenance, Compliance and Customer Satisfaction through the delivery of excellent customer experience
- Lead on the resolution of customer queries and informal complaints relating to the Repairs & Maintenance service
- Monitor and analyse customer feedback relating to the Repairs & Maintenance service
- Liaise with customers, colleagues and contractors to prevent or resolve issues at the earliest opportunity
- Prepare written communications for customers as part of the responsive repairs service and our planned works programme
- Liaise with customers, colleagues and contractors to support the delivery of our planned works programme
- Contribute to the review of customer and asset information through one off pieces of work and involvement in projects
- Maintain and develop excellent working relationships with contractors through regular communication, team work and contribution at contract meetings
- Ensure customer contact and asset information is maintained and updated on the housing management system
- Support the Contract Management team with the management of works orders
- Support the Contract Management team with the management of disrepair cases
The must haves:
- Strong understanding of, and passion for delivering, excellent customer experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to understand and explain technical information
- Experience liaising with a wide range of customers, colleagues and contractors to ensure service standards are met or exceeded
- Experience of working in a housing or construction environment
- A passion for problem solving and seeing issues through to resolution
- Ability to manage own time and workload
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong IT skills; Microsoft Office is essential
The added extras:
- Experience of working on a Repairs & Maintenance contract
- Experience or understanding of how planned maintenance programmes are developed and delivered
- Experience of using a housing management system or similar database
Due to current circumstances, this role will initially be homebased. Upon return to office, this role can be based from any of our regional offices which are:
The spot salary for this post is £26,186 per annum for applicants who fully meet the requirements of the post. Applicants, who do not meet all of the requirements of the post, will start 5% or 10% below the spot salary.
- 28 days paid holiday per year rising by 1 day per year up to a maximum of one working week (pro rata)
- Option to purchase additional holiday of up to 2 of your working weeks (at managers discretion)
- Salary based contributory pension
- Scheme with Life Assurance cover or a defined contribution pension
- Scheme (SHPS)
- Cycle Scheme
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
Who are Accent?
We own almost 22,000 houses across the north, east and south of the country.
They are home to over 35,000 customers. We exist to improve lives, providing people with high quality homes, affordably. Whatever their housing need, whether family, single, older or more vulnerable – our customers come first. They are always at the very heart of our business.
If you feel great about putting customers first, then we feel great about you joining the Accent team.
And we are a team. We live and breathe our values – we are smart, we are driven, we are caring and we are energetic – are you? If you can do what’s right and challenge what you think is wrong, relish the opportunity to work with some fabulous colleagues to improve the customer experience and make sure we keep to our promises, then you are the person we are looking for.
Come and join us and start your own journey with Accent. We aim to be number one, and you could help us get there.