The role and person
- Permanent Position
- 35 hours
- Predominantly home based, with regular travel to Accent’s Head Office in Shipley and occasional travel to other Accent Regional Hubs
This is an exciting opportunity to join our dynamic and innovative Procurement Team as a Procurement Specialist at a time of significant growth. Accent operates a 100% sub-contracting model, so the team advises and supports a varied and complex portfolio of procurements ranging from repairs & maintenance or kitchen fitting at one end of the spectrum through to Microsoft Volume Licencing at the other.
We are seeking a candidate who is passionate about delivering the very best services we can for our customers and colleagues. The ideal applicant will be commercially aware, have a natural ability to build rapport with stakeholders and suppliers and be fully committed to Accent’s social purpose and values.
You will be precise, detail orientated and a consistent high performer. You will thrive on challenges and will seek to deliver the very best for both customers and colleagues every day.
As Procurement Specialist you will take ownership of situations from beginning to end to ensure the best possible compliant outcome for our customers. You will be driven to succeed in all Key Performance Indicators that you are responsible for.
It is essential that you are highly IT literate with strong analytical skills and the ability to quickly pick out commercial trends and themes.
As a Procurement Specialist, a typical day might include:
- Working to maintain and improve the Accent Dynamic Purchasing System.
- Advising stakeholders on the most appropriate route to market for a procurement, which both satisfies the regulations and drives value for money.
- Designing compliant competitions based on the stakeholders technical requirements.
- Running competitions in line with the relevant regulations.
- Keeping our Contract Management and e-Tendering systems up to date.
What you’ll bring:
- Previous Procurement (as opposed to purchasing) experience.
- Excellent IT, communication and organisational skills.
- A keen eye for detail, and the determination to make sure that things are done right the first time, every time.
- A good understanding of commercials to ensure that you can design competitions which lock-in quality and value improvements.
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- The drive to make sure that our stakeholders consistently receive fantastic service
Due to current circumstances this role will be based remotely. When we are in the position to return to the office this role will be based out of Shipley.
The spot salary for this post is £31,525 per annum for applicants who fully meet the requirements of the post. Applicants who do not meet all of the requirements of the post will start 5% or 10% below the spot salary.
- 28 days paid holiday per year rising by 1 day per year up to a maximum of one working week
- Option to purchase additional holiday of up to 2 of your working weeks (at managers discretion)
- Cycle Scheme
- Learning & Development opportunities including support to work towards CIPS accreditations
- Employee Assistance Programme
- A choice of salary based contributory pension schemes, a defined benefit scheme or a defined contribution scheme, each offering life assurance cover
Who are Accent?
We own almost 22,000 houses across the north, east and south of the country.
They are home to over 35,000 customers. We exist to improve lives, providing people with high quality homes, affordably. Whatever their housing need, whether family, single, older or more vulnerable – our customers come first. They are always at the very heart of our business.
If you feel great about putting customers first, then we feel great about you joining the Accent team.
And we are a team. We live and breathe our values – we are smart, we are driven, we are caring and we are energetic – are you? If you can do what’s right and challenge what you think is wrong, relish the opportunity to work with some fabulous colleagues to improve the customer experience and make sure we keep to our promises, then you are the person we are looking for.
Come and join us and start your own journey with Accent. We aim to be number one, and you could help us get there.