The role and person
- 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
- 35 hours
Approximately 1 in 6 of our customers are a Homeowner, Shared Owner or Leaseholder. Due to our ambitious growth plans, we aim to provide more homes therefore introducing many more leasehold customers to Accent,
It’s an exciting time to join our team as we are reviewing our services to Homeowners and Leaseholders as we look to develop the service we offer. Our organisation will work collaboratively to provide services that are timely, accurate and communicated. As a Homeownership Specialist, and part of the wider Development, Sales & Homeownership Directorate, you can play an important part in helping us shape our service offering.
You will report to the Asset Sales Manager and will be responsible for the delivery of a high quality housing management service to our customers. You will ensure that Homeowners receive a professional property management service, exceptional levels of customer service, as well as delivering commercially driven outcomes for Accent.
If you have experience in leasehold management or, you consistently demonstrates high levels of customer service and show accountability whilst working collaboratively, we would like to hear from you.
You will be someone who thrives on challenges and will seek to inspire both customers and colleagues every day. We want our people and our customers to be proud of the homes we provide and you can play a key part in this.
As Homeownership Specialist, a typical day might include:
- To be the key contact for all Homeowners on your designated patch, to drive forward the Homeownership service, ensuring that the management of Homeownership properties is dealt with efficiently and professionally
- Collaborative working with colleagues across the organisation.
- Develop a good understanding of your patch; demonstrating this through your interactions with customers.
- To undertake estate inspections during regular visits to your schemes, proactively identifying and dealing with issues.
- Address property management issues, interact with customers with the aim of resolving queries at first point of contact and ensure that the external environment of our estates, making them attractive places to live.
- Update our systems with all communication we have with our customers, ensuring records, contact details etc, are kept up to date.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with colleagues, resulting in a seamless service for our customers.
- Ensure we are compliant and operate in line with current property laws, legislation and the lease, by keeping yourself up to date with homeownership legislation, case law and FTT decisions.
What you’ll bring:
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Enthusiasm to learn.
- Suggestions to improve ways of working, supporting Accents service delivery.
Due to current circumstances this role will be based remotely. When we are in the position to return to the office this role can be based out of our Burnley office. However, at Accent we’re a keen promoter of agile working, and encourage the use of working from home as our new way forward wherever possible, as long as we meet our customer’s needs.
1x vacancy – North West
Please note the successful candidate will need to live within a commutable distance of their patch.
The full spot salary for this post is £33,064pa + ECUA £1,250.
Applicants, who do not meet all of the requirements of the post, will start 5% or 10% below the spot salary.
- 28 days paid holiday per year rising by 1 day per year up to a maximum of one working week
- Option to purchase additional holiday of up to 2 of your working weeks (at managers discretion)
- A choice of salary based contributory pension schemes, a defined benefit scheme or a defined contribution scheme, each offering life assurance cover
- Salary based contributory pension
- Cycle Scheme
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
Who are Accent?
We own almost 22,000 houses across the North, East and South of the country.
They are home to over 35,000 customers. We exist to improve lives, providing people with high quality homes, affordably. Whatever their housing need, whether family, single, older or more vulnerable – our customers come first. They are always at the very heart of our business.
If you feel great about putting customers first, then we feel great about you joining the Accent team.
And we are a team. We live and breathe our values – we are smart, we are driven, we are caring and we are energetic – are you? If you can do what’s right and challenge what you think is wrong, relish the opportunity to work with some fabulous colleagues to improve the customer experience and make sure we keep to our promises, then you are the person we are looking for.
Come and join us and start your own journey with Accent. We aim to be number one, and you could help us get there.