Swan Housing Group are an award-winning housing provider operating in East London and Essex, locally managing over 11,500 homes, including social rent, shared ownership, NHS accommodation and supported schemes. Swan have always been a regenerating landlord and currently have a secured development pipeline of over 8,000 homes to be delivered using both traditional and offsite construction by our in-house developer, Swan Commercial Services. Swan are a registered provider of social housing, transforming communities in which they operate in by investing these communities and residents.
It is a very exciting time to be joining Swan Housing. As the incoming Head of Building Safety, reporting to the newly appointed Director of Health and Building Safety, you will lead Swan’s building safety team, leading on all aspects of safety across Swan’s property portfolio. You will also be responsible for leading on the delivery of building safety projects to ensure the stock is compliant with the forthcoming Building Safety Act.
As a member of the Building Safety Leadership Team, you will provide advice on building safety to all staff across the group and be the lead on all building safety matters for the organisation.
- Degree level education or equivalent in the relevant field.
- Substantial experience at senior management level within a property-related environment, managing safety teams.
- Extensive knowledge of the regulatory environment and best practice in relation to building safety and the built environment.
- Proven experience of effectively leading and managing complex projects whilst delivering excellent customer service.
- Experience of developing strong working relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
This is a great opportunity to join Swan at a time when you can have a real and personal impact on the organisation.
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisors at Berwick Partners; Tom Neely on +44 7384717939 or Tom.Neely@berwickpartners.co.uk
Closing date for applications: Friday 27th August at 12 midday