About the Role
We are currently looking for a Full time Support Worker to work 37.5 hours a week who enjoys working with young people and seeing the difference their support can make to enable individuals to lead independent and fulfilling lives at our service at Ebberns Road in Hemel Hempstead.
**Who we are looking for**
We`re keen to recruit individuals who care regardless of qualifications. We care more about you sharing and demonstrating our values, which are:
- Putting our residents and service users first
- Treating people with respect, promoting independence and choice
- Developing passionate and committed teams
- Being cost effective without compromising standards or safety
If you share our values, we`d love you to work for us.
If you`re someone who is able to recognise the wishes and needs of vulnerable young people, respond well in a crisis and work independently, we will give you all the training and support you need to do the role. A Level 3 qualification is desirable but we can support you to achieve this if you don`t have one.
Working as part of a dedicated team you will support young asylum seekers and refugees. You will be responsible for:
- Managing a small and diverse caseload of young people
- Providing targeted support to enable them to access educational opportunities, healthcare services; live well in their accommodation and develop independent living skills
You will use your initiative and decision making skills on a regular basis, developing support plans and risk assessments to ensure that we are providing a service that meets each individual`s needs, supports their aspirations and maximises their independence.
We are looking for dynamic, flexible and committed individuals with a `can-do` attitude who are driven by the desire to make a difference.
You will need to be able to:
- Work shifts as part of a rota system which will include weekend and bank holiday working
- You must be able to work as part of a team to deliver an excellent service to the people we support
- Be flexible in your approach to work
- Have a commitment to equality and diversity
- Take a positive approach to supporting people
We provide a 24 hour service so you must be able to work shifts as part of a rota system which will include weekend and bank holiday working. You must hold a full UK driving licence and have access to a car for this role.
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a considerable benefits package. This includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 33 days per year, including statutory bank holidays, rising to 35 days with service
- £22,095pa for a 37.5hour a week contract
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus on top of your basic salary
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Ongoing professional development and support to deliver outstanding support
- Workplace pension scheme and life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Refer-a-friend scheme: Earn a £130 bonus for each friend you refer to work for us
- Access to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for use at work
- Access to COVID-19 vaccinations
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure (DBS).
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
If you are interested in joining our friendly team, please apply below.
The job description for the Support Worker role is below.
Closing date: Friday 13th August 2021
Interview date: W/C 23rd August 2021
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.