About the Role
We currently have an opportunity for a Mobile Caretaker.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a caretaking team responsible for Hightown`s growing number of properties, including Hightown House.
Your role as the Mobile Caretaker will be to ensure Hightown sites, including care and supported housing schemes are visited on a regular re-occurring basis or ad-hoc as required, in order to ensure schemes/estates are maintained to a good standard.
You will be responsible for carrying out low level maintenance, PAT testing of electrical equipment, as well as grounds maintenance.
We are looking for individuals with previous caretaking/maintenance experience who have good communication skills, have an attention to detail and who demonstrate a compassionate, enthusiastic, and `can-do` approach.
You must be able to work as part of a team as you will be working alongside other caretakers and an apprentice and must be able to deliver an excellent level of service to the people we support and be flexible in your approach to work. You will have a commitment to equality and diversity and take a positive approach to supporting others.
To apply for this role you will need to have the following:
- Knowledge or experience of caretaking or similar, preferably within the public housing sector
- Ability to climb stairs, ladders and scaffolding
- A good general knowledge of IT, particularly Microsoft office packages
- Excellent communication and customer care skills
- A Full UK driver`s license
Individuals that have applied within the last 6 months, need not apply.
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a benefits package which includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 33 days per year, including statutory bank holidays, rising to 35 days with service
- £22,212 pa for a 37.5 hour a week contract
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus on top of your basic salary
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Ongoing professional development and support to deliver outstanding support
- Workplace pension scheme and life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Refer-a-friend scheme: Earn a £130 bonus for each friend you refer to work for us
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Well-equipped on-site gym
Hightown is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Berkshire. We believe everyone should have a home and the support they need, so our aim is to build new homes and to provide excellent housing and support.
We currently manage over 7,500 homes from our head office in Hemel Hempstead and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff. We have an annual turnover of £90 million and a development programme that will deliver over 400 new affordable homes each year.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please click the `apply ` link below and complete an online application form.
Closing date: Wednesday 11th August 2021
Interview date: TBC
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.