Salary: £27,033 to £31,803 per annum
Hours: 36 per week
Contract Type: Permanent
We're recruiting for a Welfare Benefits Advisor to provide a comprehensive welfare benefits advice and income maximisation service to Clarion customers.
Working within Specialist Services, in a regional integrated sustainment and welfare benefits advisory team, you will manage welfare benefit casework end to end with the aim of income maximisation and prevention of eviction.
Other key responsibilities include:-
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with internal staff across Clarion and external agencies such as Local Authorities and the Department of Work and Pensions to create an individual action plan with the objective of ensuring income maximisation and a successful sustained tenancy.
- Managing welfare benefit casework referred under the Advice and Support process by collating all necessary documentation to facilitate decision making in line with relevant policies, procedures, statutory or regulatory guidance and keep accurate, up to date records of actions taken to assist in case management and reporting requirements. To ensure a high quality welfare benefit advisory service is delivered to residents.
- Managing the outcomes of your cases by keeping up to date records of all activities and outcomes of each case to enable accurate monthly performance reports and case reviews to be completed with your line manager.
The ideal candidate will show proven commitment to delivering excellent customer service and will come to us with demonstrable experience of providing advice to residents. You'll already have experience of effective case work as well as the ability to interpret and resolve complex benefit cases. Experience of working within a social housing environment would also be beneficial.
If you're a customer focused individual with a dedication to safeguarding residents, we look forward to hearing from you.
Closing Date: 11th August at midnight
For further details on this vacancy please click 'apply'.
You can download the role profile here - Welfare Benefits Advisor
Applicants must be able to travel in order to visit other Clarion offices
This post is subject to Basic Criminal Record Check Clearance.
What you can expect from us
Here at Clarion we're dedicated to rewarding hard work and commitment and providing benefits that support you and your lifestyle. As standard we offer;-
- Competitive salaries that are benchmarked regularly against current market rates
- Initial 25 Days annual leave (plus bank holiday), increasing to 30 days after 3 years' service.
- A flexible benefit scheme tailored to you, inclusive of healthcare options, dental insurance, restaurant card and cycle to work along with 1% of your salary to spend on whichever approved benefit you like!
- Matched pension contributions of up to 7.5% of your salary with generous life assurance
- Flexible and agile working for the majority of our employees.
- Company Bonus Scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Holiday trading scheme allowing you to buy and sell leave
- Free counselling and legal advice scheme for you and your family
- Interest free loans for season ticket and study leave
Our commitment to equality and diversity means that we are keen to help you maintain a healthy work-life balance, including but not limited to part-time working and job share, enhanced maternity, adoption and paternity leave, and compassionate leave.