Peabody have an exciting opportunity for a Team Manager - Homelessness to join our team based in on Mid Essex Homeless & Transitions Services. You will join us on a part time (18.75 hrs per week), until the end of March 2022. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £29,567 per annum, pro rata.
About the Team Manager - Homelessness role:
As a pro-active, assertive manager you will motivate, develop and coach staff to provide excellent quality support to our customers, plus, in partnership with Housing Management Teams ensure our customers have access to good quality, safe and secure accommodation.
Responsibilities of our Team Manager - Homelessness:
- Manage a team of staff effectively within the scope of Peabody’s policies and procedures, service requirements and relevant legislation.
- Ensure that staff understand relevant legislation, working practices and protocols are fully understood and implemented by staff, ensuring close liaison with related teams.
- Undertake quality, financial and management monitoring across area of responsibility, ensuring that resources are managed well and within budget.
- Increase quality standards across all services seeking out service improvements and implementing these in a planned way, sharing best practice with peers and colleagues.
- Proactively liaise and communicate with external agencies, stakeholders and commissioners.
- Promote continuous improvement within area of responsibility, seeking new, innovative and cost effective ways of delivering responsive services.
- Lead in the provision of services that promote independence and which provide robust evidence of positive service user outcomes.
- Actively engage in strategic and business planning within the service and the directorate as a whole.
- Participate in identifying and creating new business opportunities.
- Promote and develop involvement activities as an inherent part of the role.
What we’re looking for in our Team Manager - Homelessness:
- Experience of effectively managing staff through regular supervision meetings, annual appraisals and holding them to account, nurturing staff to meet the requirements of their job role.
- Relevant work experience for the service area.
- Experience in managing budgets effectively.
- Experience in developing policy and procedures.
- Knowledge of best practice for the particular service area.
- Knowledge of revenue funding streams such as social services, health trusts and Primary Care Trusts.
- Knowledge of outcome monitoring and meeting legal and contractual requirements of promoting independence for our service users.
- Ability to supervise and manage a dispersed staff team.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing with staff, service users and external agencies.
- Ability to write reports in a clear concise manner.
- IT literacy of using databases and MS Office packages including Word, Excel and Outlook.
Benefits of becoming our Team Manager - Homelessness:
- 25 days' annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Up to 4% pension contribution matched 1:1
- Flexible benefits of 1% of salary with a minimum of £300
- Spot Bonus awards
- Long Service awards
- Paid Induction Training and support to complete the Care Certificate (if required for the role
- Paid DBS (roles that require enhanced checks will include both the child and adult barring checks)
- Opportunities to gain skills and experience
- 24/7 access to a confidential employee assistance service
- Paid mileage at 45p per mile (as applicable)
- Sick pay
- Recognition through our WOW! Awards
Closing date: 5pm, Tuesday 10th August 2021
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Team Manager - Homelessness, please click ‘apply’ now!
We encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences and abilities. We actively encourage BAME, LGBTQ+ and disabled applicants and value the positive impact that difference has on our teams. We are committed to equality and diversity within our workforce and all opportunities provided by The Peabody Group.