Have you got what it takes to develop and lead how we engage with our residents?
Can you ensure their voices are heard by using modern and innovative ways of reaching them?
This is a new and exciting opportunity to do just that.
You will be a champion for residents in the organisation, ensuring their voice is heard, advocating for customer focused change across the business and helping us to understand how we engage with customers throughout their journey with us.
You will also be a visible, positive presence in our local communities, as well as strengthening our relationship with both our customers and wider communities.
The successful candidate will have:
- The ability to develop and lead on the implementation of meaningful and innovative resident involvement initiatives in conjunction with residents and housing colleagues.
- Implement resident empowerment initiatives in response to the Government Housing White Paper, Building Safety Act and other legislation
- Regularly attend housing team meetings to create collaborative plans and initiatives
- To support work with the Resident Panel to increase membership and create wider more diverse participation
- To provide high quality resident communication on a regular basis to promote effective and meaningful engagement that will increase resident input in the development and improvement of services
- To develop, arrange and participate in effective resident involvement activities creating new avenues for resident participation. Lead regular community walkabouts in conjunction with colleagues
- To line manage the Resident Engagement Officer and Community Development Assistant ensuring they deliver their objectives and provide coaching and support where appropriate.
- Collaborate with team members on creation of a new Resident Engagement Policy and seek ways in which this can be meaningfully implemented in our communities and across the organisation
- Establish new engagement groups for Pearson’s Retreat and for our high-rise housing stock through formal and informal residents’ groups, providing support to develop resident capacity for meaningful engagement.
In return we offer:
- 26 days holiday + bank holidays + additional long service leave
- 6% Employer pension contribution.
- Private medical insurance
Make us your next move and join an award winning Housing Association. To apply, send your CV and covering letter, maximum 3 pages each to email@example.com. Closing date for applications 5pm 13th August 2021. Visit our website for a full job description http://www.worthing-homes.org.uk/our-organisation/working-with-us/jobs-and-opportunities/