Are you a keen problem solver and have a passion for delivering excellent customer service? We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and eager-to-learn individual who wants to kick-start their career with a Housing Management apprenticeship, working with our tenants and stakeholders to ensure our neighbourhoods are a great place to live.
We will offer you a 2-year contract with full on the job training whilst you work towards a Level 3 Chartered Institute of Housing/Property Management qualification. The role provides a great mix of administration, customer services and housing management experience and could potentially lead onto full time employment in a Housing/Tenancy Management role.
What you’ll be doing?
Our Tenancy Management Team help support our customers with complex queries about their tenancies and the places they live. It’s fast paced and no two days are the same! The team are looking for a professional customer focussed individual to deliver an excellent standard of service to customers. With your help, we aim to ensure all our neighbourhoods are places where our customers feel safe and are proud to call home.
Joining our Tenancy Management Team, you will:
- Identify when customers are not meeting their tenancy obligations and put in place action plans to resolve and monitor, including the management of low level Antisocial Behaviour and tenancy breaches
- Develop and sustain positive working relationships with key stakeholders and partners from other organisations (such as the police, council etc).
- Have the responsibility for co-ordinating wider action plans to ensure that our neighbourhoods are attractive places to live
- Identify any support needs for individual customers and refer internally or externally as necessary, including making safeguarding referrals
- Ensure that risks are identified and managed, with regulatory and statutory requirements met
- To work closely with other internal teams to provide a joined up approach to tenancy management for our customers
- Ensure our neighbourhoods and communal areas are maintained to an excellent standard and work with customers, contractors and Property Services
- Complete annual tenancy checks to ensure tenancy obligations are being adhered to and our data collection is up to date
- Responsibility for ensuring all records on CRM, Orchard or any other manual or IT systems are completed promptly and accurately
The stuff that sets you apart
To be considered for this apprenticeship, candidates must hold the following qualifications and personal qualities:
- 5 GCSE passes Grade C/Level 4 or above essential, including English and Maths. A levels/Degree passes desirable.
- Experience in a customer service admin/social care environment
- Excellent numeracy, literacy and communication skills with a high standard of accuracy
- High level of drive, conscientious and self-motivated
- A born problem solver
- Able to work as part of a team and wider team
- Ability to prioritise, manage own workload and meet deadlines
- Flexible and adaptable approach to a changing and varied workload and working hours in order to achieve work demands and priorities
- Experience of inputting and retrieving data on IT systems including Microsoft Packages
- Full UK Driving licence and access to a car for business purposes
What’s in it for you?
We provide a fantastic reward package to suit everyone –a variety of amazing discounts via PerkBox, a great Healthcare cash plan called Health Shield and a contributory pension scheme where we will match your contributions up to 9%! As well as our great benefits and a fantastic work environment, we’re absolutely a company that cares about its employees and its customers.
The finer print
Please follow the online application steps and submit a CV stating qualifications/predicted grades, working/volunteer experience and any personal info and answer the required questions in detail.
For more information about our apprenticeships please visit the Yorkshire Housing website. If you have any further questions please contact email@example.com
We’re looking for people who want to get stuck in and make a positive difference to people’s lives. We want you to own the work you do and achieve impact.
You’ll make it happen by being curious and creating trust with our customers and each other. We want you to love what you do and have fun along the way.
A bit more about us
We’ve got a few ‘house rules’ at Yorkshire Housing (no pun intended!). One of them is work is something that you do, not somewhere that you go and another is that we think in careers, not jobs. Our flexible working environment and friendly culture means you can be yourself, take advantage of development opportunities and succeed – that’s just how we roll.
We’re inclusive and welcoming and offer a fun and open culture with a shared belief in making a positive difference to people’s lives – it really does feel like joining a big family!