Origin – shaping communities; building lives
Origin exists to make change happen for the good of communities. We help people by providing affordable homes – but that’s not enough. We support vulnerable residents to lead happy and better lives. We empower our staff to take action and rise to every challenge with ‘can do’ positivity.
Good people are the future of our innovative, working community. We have placed a brand new and exciting ‘People’ strategy at the heart of our culture – to support training and personal development, to deliver our values, to move Origin forward.
Our vision for this role
We’re looking for a committed and motivated person to lead our Home Ownership Team to help us deliver a high-quality service to all of our Home Owners. This role calls for a high degree of initiative, judgement, accuracy, confidentiality and discretion. You’ll be able to plan and prioritise work, and adapt to change when necessary.
What you’ll do
This is a rewarding and exciting position – responsible for building relationships and trust both internally within your Origin team and externally with the community you serve.
At a glance you:
- Take the lead by prioritising and solving problems in tangible ways
- Direct your energy towards moving things forward by having a positive, can-do attitude
- Build trust by being a confident communicator and listener
- Think of others unconditionally; you are giving of your time
- Reach out to people and take a real and non-judgemental approach to life
- Remember the little things and go the extra, extra, extra mile.
What you’ll need
- Extensive experience of working in a leasehold management setting at Management level.
- Experience of leading a team through a change period.
- Substantial experience of ‘managing’ Managing Agents.
- Experience of development and managing new builds.
- Experience of managing staff, delivering effective services for the team, achieving and exceeding targets where possible.
- Expertise in Landlord and Tenant Act and relevant Legislation.
- Excellent understanding of service charge calculations and apportionments.
- Expertise in reading and understanding leases.
Tell us your story
We are looking forward to learning about you. Please help us get to know you by sending your latest CV and covering letter detailing how your experience meets the role above. To find out more about us simply visit www.originhousing.org.uk
Please note we will be asking for satisfactory references and DBS check. Successful applicants for interview will be contacted within seven days after the closing date.
Benefits for the right person
We reward our people for the work they do. We appreciate commitment, initiative and going the extra mile. At Origin, our comprehensive range of benefits care about the ‘whole’ person. As well as offering you great-to-have discounts, we look after your health and well-being too – personalising your benefits package to you. We offer:
- Access to a range of discounts on services, products and experiences. Not simply picked at random but personalised to you
- Tailor-made Healthcare plans and/or insurance plans – let us know your preference
- An Employee Assistance Programme that supports your well-being and is there to provide valuable help at all times
- A choice of rewards that you choose where to spend