Peabody have exciting opportunities for Housing Support Workers to join our team based in Braintree. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £19,080 per annum + Sleep in (£73.89 per shift).
Please note there is no personal care involved within this role
About the Housing Support Workers role:
Braintree Homeless service provides accommodation for a range of homeless households (vulnerable single adults, families) who require support before moving on into independent living. Tenants are offered help to develop skills such as budgeting, setting up home and seeking employment or training. Staff also provide advice and support to help tenants gain access to other services and organisations.
The three week rolling is is rota is subject to sleep-ins usually 2 per week paid (at an additional rate). The shifts are based on a three week rolling rota with regular sleep-ins across seven days. Current shift pattern is based upon a 2pm -11pm + sleep ins, followed by an 8am -3/5pm shift. The role requires the ability to work shifts across Bank Holidays including the Christmas period.
Responsibilities of our Housing Support Workers:
- Promote the integration of the tenant into the local community and provide opportunities by which they will be enabled to develop skills and have access to the widest possible range of experiences.
- Ensure that the tenants needs are met by liaising with other organisations providing access to community-based services and resources.
- Involve the tenant in everyday household tasks where possible, and help to develop the skills needed to achieve this. Tasks include gardening, shopping, cleaning, cooking and all other normal day to day tasks.
- Maintain a high standard of competence by undertaking relevant continuing professional development.
- Promptly report any complaints, accidents or unusual incidents to the relevant person.
- Undertake any other duties as assessed by the Manager in line with the needs of the service.
- Liaise with other external agencies e.g. for Benefits, Health professionals/agencies, local authorities.
- Maintain accurate and appropriate records relating to all aspects of the tenants home.
- Participate in managing the income and expenditure of the house including residents’ finances and payment of bills.
- Respect the confidentiality of the tenant, other staff members and Peabody.
What we’re looking for in our Housing Support Workers:
- Experience of providing support to the designated client group either in a volunteering or professional role.
- An understanding of customer service in a service delivery setting.
- Thorough and up to date knowledge of health and safety issues relating to the designated client group.
- Thorough and up to date knowledge of safeguarding vulnerable adults and children local policies, protocols and good practice.
- Understanding of housing support needs of the designated client group and benefits of a flexible, outcome focussed and personalised support service whilst supporting people to help themselves.
- Knowledge of related services provided by the statutory and voluntary sector
- Understanding of confidentiality and data protection issues.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, staff and stakeholders in plain, easy to understand English, both in writing and verbally.
- Ability to work flexibly to meet customer needs and service requirements, including working evenings and weekends where the service requires it.
- Excellent time management skills and demonstrable ability to meet deadlines and achieve goals.
- Comprehensive IT skills to include use of Microsoft Office and ability to maintain electronic records, with attention to detail.
Benefits of becoming our Housing Support Workers:
- 25 days' annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Up to 4% pension contribution matched 1:1
- Flexible benefits of 1% of salary with a minimum of £300
- Spot Bonus awards
- Long Service awards
- Paid Induction Training and support to complete the Care Certificate (if required for the role
- Paid DBS (roles that require enhanced checks will include both the child and adult barring checks)
- Opportunities to gain skills and experience
- 24/7 access to a confidential employee assistance service
- Paid mileage at 45p per mile (as applicable)
- Sick pay
- Recognition through our WOW! Awards
Closing date: 5pm, Friday 20th August 2021
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Housing Support Workers, please click ‘apply’ now!
We encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences and abilities. We actively encourage BAME, LGBTQ+ and disabled applicants and value the positive impact that difference has on our teams. We are committed to equality and diversity within our workforce and all opportunities provided by The Peabody Group.