Job Title: Assistant Support Worker
Location: September Court & Leadbeaters Close
Salary: £10,182.94 per annum
Hours: Part Time - 18 hours per week
The Barnet Group is currently seeking to recruit a Assistant Support Worker with knowledge of working with people with learning disabilities. The role will report to the Coordinator and will work closely with Support Workers and Assistant Support Workers.
The service is a home for nine service users with learning difficulties and other associated health problems.
You will be responsible for: You will be responsible for: supporting adults with learning disabilities/autism for their care and welfare, emotionally and physically in their daily living
We are looking for someone who has the following skills and attributes:
- Hard working
- Positive attitude
- Enjoy working with people with learning disabilities
- Understand the importance of accurate paperwork
- Enthusiastic, kind, honest, trustworthy
- Able to work to work in our Supported Living Services
You need to be able to support people to live active, fulfilling lives, ensuring people have fun but also that they complete their everyday household tasks. We want staff who:
- can chat to people who communicate without speech
- can support people when they are sad or upset
- can communicate clearly with colleagues, other professionals, families, and the public
- understand the importance of accurate paperwork
- are enthusiastic, kind, friendly & honest
You may be working alone as well as part of a team, so will need to be able to use your initiative whilst following guidelines & routines – liking a challenge is essential! If you are looking for work that is the same every day, this is not for you. Our shifts range from short to long, and cover a 24/7 service, so flexibility is very important.
Currently the Supported Living Service is located at Barnet and Frien Barnet.
Closing date: 23 August 2021
Interview date: TBC
Benefits for TBG Flex:
You will receive a Flexible benefit allowance of 5% of your base salary. Flexible benefits are hosted by AON and will allow you to choose from a variety of benefits.