Origin exists to make change happen for the good of communities. We help people by providing affordable homes – but that’s not enough. We support vulnerable residents to lead happy and better lives. We empower our staff to take action and rise to every challenge with ‘can do’ positivity.
Good people are the future of our innovative, working community. We have placed a brand new and exciting ‘People’ strategy at the heart of our culture – to support training and personal development, to deliver our values, to move Origin forward.
We describe this new approach as NWOW: New Ways of Working. NWOW is about meeting business outcomes, you’ll enjoy greater autonomy over how you deliver your role, how you manage outputs and when you spend time at work, allowing you to benefit from any productivity gains in the course of delivering your role.
This shift in culture will be built on a mature and mutual relationship of trust between managers and yourselves, ensuring we live up to one of our key values of Build Trust. By working with this new relationship model we can aim toward focusing on ‘outputs’ and not ‘outcomes’. Space is allocated to ‘activities’ and not ‘individuals’ by providing a range of flexible working options that benefit both customers and staff. As a result your work can takes place at the most effective location and at the most effective time. Put simply, flexibility becomes the norm rather than the exception. This is the new Origin Housing way of working.
Our vision for this role
We’re looking for the right person to deliver and maintain a high quality performance reporting in our organisation.
You will have sound knowledge and experience of delivering complex data analysis, trend interpretation to non-financial managers to Director, Board and Committee levels.
You’ll be a proficient user of various databases, business reporting tools for report design and performance analysis.
Self-motivated with the ability to plan, prioritise and co-ordinate tasks to meet deadlines, confident communicator, adept at communicating complex ideas and technical detail through a variety of mediums and to a range of audiences.
You’ll have strong determination and analytical and inquisitive approach to work and to motivate others to create traction and results.
What you’ll do
This is a rewarding and exciting position – responsible for building relationships and trust both internally within your Origin team and externally with the community you serve.
At a glance you:
- Take the lead on the integrity, delivery, and maintenance of Origin’s Performance Reporting, preparing and distributing KPI’s and lead on annual performance target setting
- Direct your energy towards developing reporting systems and processes to continue to meet the business needs; working with key stakeholders to achieve positive implementation Build trust by being a confident communicator and listener
- Think of others unconditionally; you are giving of your time
- Reach out to people and take a real and non-judgemental approach to life
- Remember the little things and go the extra, extra, extra mile.
What you’ll need
- 2 years’ experience in production of statistical analysis of performance including numerical, benchmarking data, key performance indicators and trend analysis
- You will need to have worked previously in the Housing Sector
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience of advanced level Excel skills and proficient user of various types of reporting tools e.g. Power BI is desirable.
- Experience in providing complex data analysis and trend interpretation to non-financial managers using both verbal and written presentation
Tell us your story
We are looking forward to learning about you. Please help us get to know you by sending your latest CV and covering letter detailing how your experience meets the role above. To find out more about us simply visit www.originhousing.org.uk
Please note we will be asking for satisfactory references and DBS check. Successful applicants for interview will be contacted within seven days after the closing date.
Benefits for the right person
We reward our people for the work they do. We appreciate commitment, initiative and going the extra mile. At Origin, our comprehensive range of benefits care about the ‘whole’ person. As well as offering you great-to-have discounts, we look after your health and well-being too – personalising your benefits package to you. We offer:
- Access to a range of discounts on services, products and experiences. Not simply picked at random but personalised to you
- Tailor-made Healthcare plans and/or insurance plans – let us know your preference
- An Employee Assistance Programme that supports your well-being and is there to provide valuable help at all times
- A choice of rewards that you choose where to spend
- An Awards recognition scheme that champions individual achievement
Closing date: 8 Aug 2021