bpha are a forward-thinking housing association, on a mission to build thriving communities where people can live happily in a home they can afford.
We work right across the Oxford to Cambridge Arc, and own or manage over 19,000 homes. As one of the top 25 housing association developers in the country, we remain committed to delivering high-quality affordable housing to those who need it the most.
Our work in retirement living is no exception. We believe in creating modern communities where over-55s can live in desirable, social, independent spaces. Safe in the knowledge that we have extra tailored care and support available if it’s needed.
This is all possible thanks to our dedicated and passionate retirement living team. A team that you could be part of.
We are currently looking for a personable and caring individual to join us as a Late Visiting Support Coordinator. This role will provide much needed support to our Retirement Housing Tenants in Bedford and Carelink customers in the community during core business hours and into the evening.
What you will be doing:
· Based at a Retirement Living scheme, oncall and responding to emergency community alarm activations to our Retirement Living and Carelink customers
· Managing a Retirement Living Without Care scheme providing enhanced tenancy support to its residents, duties include rent arrears management, working with external agencies, scheme compliance checks and annual needs assessment reviews.
· Ensuring regular contact with customers including carrying out welfare checks, visits and phone calls during the evening hours.
We’d love to meet someone with:
· An understanding of the needs of older people and a caring and empathetic nature.
· Exceptional communication skills both verbally and written.
· Experience of lone working with the ability to use your own initiative and be self motivating.
· IT literate and ability to adapt to new software, includes MS Word, Excel, Outlook and MS teams.
· The ability to input data into systems accurately
· The ability to work in isolation and as part of a team
· Positive outlook
· Excellent customer service skills putting the customer at the heart of what we do
· Must have A full UK driving licence and access to a car.
As this is a dual role, we are eager to hear from those that have experience in any of the following areas; Experience of lone working and flexible in working to a variety of shifts when the response service needs covering, Community Support experience, tenancy and housing management experience.
Amongst what we offer you is:
· £21,000 plus a £2,000 car allowance
· 28 days holiday PLUS Bank Holidays!
· Contributory pension scheme
· Private health care
· Opportunities for development and professional training
· Discounted gym membership
· Retail discount scheme
The successful candidate will need to complete an enhanced DBS application and this will need to be returned and verified by bpha before a start date can be provided.
Closing date: Monday 16th August, 2021
Interviews will be held throughout the recruitment campaign so apply asap
We reserve the right to close this recruitment if it is deemed that we have received a suitable number of applications. On this basis we would advise that applications are submitted as soon as possible.