We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Project Manager - Latent Defects. You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis, and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £51,000 per annum.
This role is currently based from home due to COVID 19 until further notice. Peabody plans to move to a hybrid model of working which means that once our office refurbishment has been completed, the role will be part office (Waterloo) and part home based.
About the Project Manager - Latent Defects role:
We have a great opportunity for a Project Manager to liaise and consult with internal and external stakeholders to diagnose, submit claims, and manage to resolution all latent defects which occur in Peabody's New Build stock.
To work with wider Development team to feedback learnings to improve design and procurement documentation such as Design Guides and Employers Requirements ensuring the design of Peabody's New Build properties are focused on a minimal defect scheme.
Responsibilities of our Project Manager - Latent Defects include:
- Establish and implement effective working arrangements & practices to ensure a consistent level of service delivery in line with the Peabody business plan.
- Monitor and review the internal and external environment to ensure compliance and best practice are adhered to.
- Ensure the provision of excellent customer service and experience to all stakeholders in order to maximise customer satisfaction.
- Externally represent and promote Peabody effectively by creating a consistent, professional and positive image.
- Take ownership and proactively manage latent defects of all new build properties and liaise with Development Team where required
- Assist in making insurance claims on behalf of residents and Peabody in respect of latent defects to include inspection of remedial works.
- Ensure the residents are kept up to date with progress of rectifications including timescales and relevant internal systems and schedules are updated.
- Liaise with Employers Agents, Contractors, Residents, internal colleagues, manufacturers and the like to achieve the objectives of the role and organisation.
- Provide a responsive and customer focussed service across the range of tenure types and properties in defect identification and management.
- Where complex issues are involved, investigate and report on latent defects including the appointment of independent consultants in close consultation with the wider Development team.
- Make appropriate recommendations to Design & Quality team for specification changes using the knowledge of customer feedback and experience of dealing with latent defects.
- Keep abreast of relevant regulation changes and maintains awareness of the British Standards and Codes of Practice related to the construction industry.
As our Project Manager - Latent Defects, we are looking for:
- Educated to a minimum HND level in a relevant Construction, Development, Planning or Build Environment discipline
- Ability to work independently, exercising good initiative and judgement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven experience and ability to deliver excellent customer care and valuing diversity
- Proven attention to detail and ability to work on a variety of tasks simultaneously
- Excellent Defects diagnosis skills with a minimum of 3 years experience working within new build construction
- Sound technical/construction knowledge with experience of managing different forms of defects/repairs
- Good negotiating skills
- Proven ability to influence and lead relationships with suppliers
Closing date: Tuesday 10th August 2021, 5pm
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Project Manager - Latent Defects, please click ‘apply’ now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
We encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities, and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences, and abilities. We actively encourage BAME, LGBTQ+, and disabled applicants and value the positive impact that difference has on our teams. We are committed to equality and diversity within our workforce and all opportunities provided by The Peabody Group.
NO AGENCY INTEREST