As a Multi Trader within Connect Property Services, your focus will be to complete multi-skilled activities such as: carpentry, plumbing, plastering, tiling, bricklaying and decorating (as applicable) to a high standard and in line with company standards and specification whilst delivering high levels of customer satisfaction.
Connect Property Services Limited is our wholly owned subsidiary of Catalyst Housing Limited, offering a full range of repairs and maintenance services to Catalyst customers’ homes, across Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Cambridgeshire, Hertfordshire, Northamptonshire and West London.
Catalyst Housing Limited are one of the UK’s leading housing associations, a member of the G15 group of London’s largest housing associations, with 34,000 homes and 1,200 employees in London and the Home Counties.
We are inspired by the benefits of a diverse workforce. We encourage diversity and inclusion at all levels of our organisation and are fully committed to equality of opportunity. We have been voted a Sunday Times top 100 Best Company to Work for, investing care, time and resources in our people.
Our purpose at Catalyst is ‘homes people love’. That means everything from creating and maintaining great homes, to delivering excellent service to customers every day. We offer a wide range of housing solutions and opportunities for our diverse range of customer needs and requirements including, rent, part ownership or purchase. By doing so, we build more than homes – we build communities.
What we’re looking for:
- Do you have previous Multi Trade experience?
- Are you able to work on your own initiative, taking ownership of issues/problems and seeing them through to a satisfactory conclusion?
- Are you qualified in the following: NVQ level 2/3 Carpentry, NVQ level 2/3 Plumbing, C&G 6219-07: Multi-skills?
If so, this is the perfect role for you!
We currently have a great opportunity for a Multi Trader to join us on a 6-month Fixed Term Contract basis.
Do you have what it takes?
To succeed in your role as a Multi Trader you will:
- Ensure all work is carried out within the allocated time frame and to a high standard and quality.
- Comply and adhere to all Health & Safety regulations including PPE, COSHH and RAMS.
- Conduct yourself appropriately, ensuring the corporate code of conduct and brand guidelines are adhered to.
- Maintain appropriate van stock and ensure orders are placed with suppliers
- Ensure you maintain accurate job records and communicate all progress to colleagues.
- Be available for out of hours standby cover
- Have an awareness of manual handling, ladder safety, working at height, abrasive wheels, first aid, health and safety, electrical and gas regulations.
This role is subject to a basic DBS check and will require a full driving licence.
The UK has a housing problem which affects every one of us, because housing is the foundation of the society we live in. Catalyst is part of the solution and you could be too!
View the full Role Profile
View the Catalyst Privacy Statement
We’re committed to making Catalyst a great place to work. As well as offering a positive culture we offer a competitive pay and benefits package, some of which are listed below:
- Competitive salaries that are benchmarked regularly against current market rates
- 22 days paid annual leave and will accrue an additional day of annual leave based on length of service
- A generous salary sacrifice pension scheme: matching a contribution of 3- 5% of your monthly salary with up to another 5% by us
- Hundreds of exclusive discounts and freebies from the UK’s biggest brands
To find out more, take a look at our benefits page - https://careers.chg.org.uk/catalyst-benefits/
Ready to apply?
To be considered for the role of Multi Trader, please click on the ‘Apply Now’ button and submit your details along with a copy of your CV and a supporting statement.