About the role
We are looking for a Housing Officer to be part of a team providing professional, customer focused housing management service to the Association`s general needs residents in rented accommodation.
The role involves managing a geographical patch of properties and duties will include:
- Carrying out tenancy reviews and tenancy audits with residents in their homes
- Housing management casework including anti-social behaviour, domestic abuse, and hoarding
- Taking appropriate action in regard to breaches of tenancies
- Working with the Income Recovery team to ensure appropriate action is taken to deal with breaches of tenancies related to rent arrears
Each Housing Officer in the team has a lead role, enabling staff to specialise in an area of Housing Management. This may include:
- Anti-social Behaviour
- Domestic Abuse
- Tenancy Fraud
As part of your lead role, you will be expected to keep up to date with legislation, regulatory requirements and best practice in your key area as well as providing guidance to other team members when needed.
Due to the nature of the role you must have a driving licence and access to a vehicle.
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a benefits package which includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 33 days per year, including statutory bank holidays, rising to 35 days with service
- £31,758pa for a 35 hour a week contract
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus on top of your basic salary
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Ongoing professional development and support to deliver outstanding support
- Workplace pension scheme and life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Refer-a-friend scheme: Earn a £130 bonus for each friend you refer to work for us
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Well-equipped on-site gym
Hightown is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Berkshire. We believe everyone should have a home and the support they need, so our aim is to build new homes and to provide excellent housing and support.
We currently manage over 7,500 homes from our head office in Hemel Hempstead and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff. We have an annual turnover of £90 million and a development programme that will deliver over 400 new affordable homes each year.
Closing date: Sunday 15th August 2021
Interview date: Thursday 19th August 2021
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.