Do you want to join our team at an exciting time, delivering cyclical decoration and capital planned works programmes and in particular the Fire Door Replacement Programme?
Who we’re looking for:
We are seeking a customer focused Clerk of Works to join our team providing services to a range of schemes in London and the South East.
Ideally you will be based from our office in Clerkenwell, London (close to Farringdon station), with some working from home expected.
Candidates must have a strong understanding of health and safety procedures and experience of site management, ensuring contractors and sub-contractors are compliant. You will need to have experience of producing regular reports and evidence that you have delivered projects on time and within budget.
Due to the nature of the of inspections, an acute understanding of the installations of fire resistant doors is essential. Ideally, you will have a practical background in property maintenance with detailed knowledge of housing construction. You will be responsible for the inspection and quality assurance on site and handover of all cyclical and planned maintenance programmes. You will be expected to attend site and project meetings, issue timely Clerk of Works reports and contribute solutions to the many queries on site.
You will be expected to work mainly on your own initiative during the day and cover large areas using your own vehicle with mileage paid appropriately.
Applicants should have site accreditation and be appropriately qualified or actively seeking qualification.
This role is on a fixed term contract basis until March 2022, working 35 hours per week, with the hope to extend the role or develop your skills to move onto other roles within the team.
What we’ll offer you:
• A salary of circa £42,000 per annum pro rata, depending on experience
• 23 days holidays plus public holidays pro rata. We also close between Christmas and New Year, so you get another 3 days bonus holidays
• A great pension scheme
• The ability to buy extra leave and discount cards
• Flexible working
• Employee referral scheme
• Cash claim-back on medical treatments
• Travel to work loan
• Discounted rates on a cycle scheme, personal medical plans, life assurance, give as you earn, critical illness and travel insurance
• Find out more on our careers page
Why work for Southern Housing Group?
- What we do – We're a charitable business with social objectives, and customer service is at the heart of our business. We're proud of our reputation as a financially strong, stable, and independent housing provider. Every penny we make is reinvested in new homes, improving our services, and helping transform people’s lives.
- What we offer – We offer career progression, competitive salaries, and excellent benefits. We support and train our staff to excel as they develop their careers.
- Diversity & Inclusion – Southern Housing Group is an equal opportunities employer and seeks to employ a workforce which reflects the diverse community at large. Please note that in order to be considered for these opportunities you must have the right to work in the UK. Our roles may require travel between our various offices.
- Values – We are a values led organisation, and our principles resonate throughout the heartbeat of the company. Our values are Working Together, Getting Things Done and Doing the Right Thing.
As a Disability Confident employer with disabled-friendly offices and remote working opportunities, we actively encourage everyone to come and work for us, regardless of any form of disability. As such, we’ll happily make any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process to help you, should you need it. If you need additional support with your application due a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to help.
There’s never been a better time to join Southern Housing Group. You’ll be part of a dynamic team within a flexible and innovative organisation who are stable and independent, which is crucial during these unprecedented times. Our customers come from all walks of life, and so do our colleagues. We actively encourage applications from people of any background who can bring an array of experience, skills and culture to our business, making us stronger and united. We celebrate our diversity and offer a safe environment where you can feel comfortable to truly be yourself. We’re proud to be part of various networks including BAME, The Women’s Network, PRISM – we’re also a Stonewall Diversity Champion, allowing those from within the LGBTQA+ community to feel empowered to express themselves freely without prejudice.
Southern Housing Group is one of the largest housing associations in southern England and has a well-established reputation as a successful business with social objectives. The Group provides a housing management service to a range of tenures including social rent, affordable rent, shared ownership and outright sales.
We provide housing services to more than 70,000 customers who live in our almost 30,000 properties. With circa 1,000 employees, we’re an organisation that’s going places.
We are a member of the G15, which represents London's 15 largest housing associations. The G15 houses one in ten Londoners and builds a quarter of London's new homes.
Southern Housing Group won the “Housing Association of the Year” award at the WhatHouse? Awards 2018. The Group also won the award for “2018 Best Large Development” at the National Housing Awards for our development at Bow River Village.