Customer Partner – Nottingham
The Role and Person
- 21 hours per week over Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
This is an exciting opportunity to progress from a Housing Officer to our new Customer Partner role. You and your colleagues will be improving the lives and homes of our tenants, as well as ensuring they can manage their tenancies and have any support they may need.
As the Customer Partner you will own the customer experience for your patch, you will be the focal point in delivering the Accent promise to our residents. We want you to be highly visible in our communities – you will know who our customers are and they will know who you are. We tell our customers we will be “With you for the journey” and we want our Customer Partners to deliver that promise.
This role is to work 3 days a week, sharing your patch with another Customer Partner. You will have strong communication skills, be self-managing and be able to offer a seamless service working alongside your colleague, who will also be working 3 days a week.
You will also be keeping our customers safe; liaising with contractors and colleagues to ensure the physical environment looks good and does not pose any risks. We want you to be creative and push the boundaries to maintain Accent as a landlord of choice.
You will be out and about most of the time and you will get lots of support whilst managing your own time and your own patch. This will add to your knowledge when you are approving service charges and identifying options for proposing improvements on your patch.
As a Customer Partner, a typical day might include
- Owning the customer experience for your patch, you will be the focal point in the delivery of our service offer, the Accent Partnership
- Being highly visible in our communities – you will know who our customers are and they will know who you are
- Meaningfully engaging customers in order to understand and surpass their expectations, achieving satisfaction levels that exceed our target
- Enabling sustainable tenancies and being creative in coming up with solutions with customers so that we deliver on our vision of With You for Your Journey
- Owning all aspects of customer safety to ensure that our homes and communities feel safe and secure for the people who live there
- Using your initiative and networks to ensure a fantastic customer experience and that we get it right first time, every time
- Owning and delivering on performance for your patch, ensuring that all targets are surpassed, or putting plans in place to recover any performance failings
- Where relevant, working with Accent colleagues, contractors and local authorities to ensure that our homes are let sustainably to people in housing need
- Where relevant, working with Accent colleagues to deliver creative solutions in order to let those properties that are proving more difficult to let, including effective use of void enhancement budgets
- Engaging with new customers so that the Accent/Customer relationship sets off on a strong footing, positively creating trust in the Accent brand
- Bringing our values to life through all of your interactions with our customers and with our colleagues
- Taking responsibility for your own health & safety and making sure that our customers are safe in their home and communal areas
- Supporting and advising our vulnerable customers who are unable to maintain their homes, collaborating with other agencies to get the best outcomes
- Being responsible for using your budget effectively and delivering positive outcomes that will enhance the customer experience
The must haves
- Passionate about customer care and wellbeing, and inspiring others to do the same to support them throughout their journey with Accent.
- Curious, creative and innovative in problem solving, in delivering successful outcomes for the customer and community
- Someone who is committed to the development of their own skill, experience and knowledge
- A consistently high performer who thrives on challenges and will seek to inspire both customers and colleagues everyday
- A brilliantly positive team player, who will be committed to delivering excellence
- Accountable, open and honest
- Taking ownership of situations from beginning to end to ensure the best possible outcome for our customers
- Be driven to succeed in all Key Performance indicators that you are responsible for
- Fantastic relationship skills which enables you to build rapport with customers and all other stakeholders
- A keen eye to value for money and able to deliver
- Full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle for business use
Due to current circumstances this role will be based remotely from home. Occasional visits to your patch will be required. The successful candidate will need to be based in a commutable distance to Gedling, Nottingham.
The spot salary for this post is £18,915 per annum (FTE £31,524) for applicants who fully meet the requirements of the post. Applicants, who do not meet all of the requirements of the post, will start 5% or 10% below the spot salary.
£750 per annum (FTE £1,250) paid monthly (subject to TAX and NI deductions, non-pensionable)
- 28 days paid holiday per year rising by 1 day per year up to a maximum of one working week (pro rata)
- Option to purchase additional holiday of up to 2 of your working weeks (at managers discretion)
- Cycle Scheme
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
- A choice of salary based contributory pension schemes, a defined benefit scheme or a defined contribution scheme, each offering life assurance cover
Who are Accent?
We own almost 22,000 houses across the north, east and south of the country.
They are home to over 35,000 customers. We exist to improve lives, providing people with high quality homes, affordably. Whatever their housing need, whether family, single, older or more vulnerable – our customers come first. They are always at the very heart of our business.
If you feel great about putting customers first, then we feel great about you joining the Accent team.
And we are a team. We live and breathe our values – we are smart, we are driven, we are caring and we are energetic – are you? If you can do what’s right and challenge what you think is wrong, relish the opportunity to work with some fabulous colleagues to improve the customer experience and make sure we keep to our promises, then you are the person we are looking for.
Come and join us and start your own journey with Accent. We aim to be number one, and you could help us get there.
You will be joining Accent at an exciting time. Our new 3-year Corporate Strategy ‘With you for your Journey’ sets out an ambitious and exciting agenda for the future that will establish Accent Group as a sector leading organisation.