The Almshouse Association is an umbrella organisation for some 1650 independent Almshouse charities throughout the UK. Almshouses enable those in need to live with dignity and independence within their local communities and are the oldest form of social housing, providing homes today for over 36,000 residents. The role of The Almshouse Association is to assist member charities with advice and guidance, to act as a bridge between the charities and government and to promote the almshouse movement.
The charity is now seeking to appoint for a role of Member Services Manager. This senior role will represent the interests of the Association and provide excellent advice and support to its members.
The successful candidate will need to:
- Provide advice and assistance to Almshouse charities to enable them to achieve best practice
- Lead on Member Services and drive excellent customer service throughout the Association
- Manage the Reception and Event Management team, taking a hands-on approach to events, training and successful delivery of the annual conference
- Liaise with the Royal Patron and Vice Patrons’ office, taking a lead on Royal visit planning
- Work closely with the Charity Commission on any issue affecting members
With a good knowledge and understanding of membership organisations, and outstanding listening, negotiating and influencing skills, you will have experience in developing corporate and strategically beneficial partnerships, managing a professional team and budgets. Possessing a high degree of integrity and the ability to represent the Association at a senior level, you will be able to contribute effectively and collaboratively with the senior management team.
If you have the necessary skills and experience, please send your CV and Supporting Statement to firstname.lastname@example.org or upload below.
Strictly no agencies.