Housing - Level 2 Assessor
Salary: £23,119 - £26,746 pro rata, per annum. (Candidates with suitable experience, qualifications and skills will be considered to be appointed at the top of the salary scale for this post)
18.5 hours per week
From professional training and Further Education to under and post graduate studies, we’re proud to offer the full range of qualifications that students need to fulfill long and valuable careers. With purpose-built facilities, excellent grades, expanding catchment area and purposeful vision, there has never been a better time to join us.
Working as part of the Housing Apprenticeship team you will be responsible for a caseload of learners. You will liaise with learners to plan and undertake assessments in the workplace, deliver high quality training and support and monitor them through all aspects of their apprenticeship/learner journey to ensure timely completion of the Apprenticeship/qualification framework.
What we are looking for
You should possess a relevant academic or industry related qualification, be qualified to TAQA and hold or be willing to work towards your internal verifier qualification.
Candidates need to have experience of working in a relevant housing setting, managing a caseload of learners and experience of working within further education or training setting.
Staff Benefits include:
Blackburn College has great terms and conditions and an excellent benefits package available that helps to attract, motivate and retain the best people to drive forward the College’s mission, vision and strategic objectives. Our benefits package is under constant review, the main benefits you will enjoy include:
- Holidays - We offer generous annual leave of 28 Days per annum (pro rata for part time) increasing by one day per annum up to 35 days, plus statutory (eight) days and up to six discretionary days per annum. The timing of all holidays is subject to the agreement of your line manager.
- Pension - All business support staff have the option to join the Local Government Pension Scheme. This means that the College contributes to the pensions of its staff, staff contributions will depend on gross annual salary. Newly appointed staff will automatically be included in the Scheme unless they make a declaration to opt out. Details of the Local Government Pension Scheme will be issued upon appointment.
- Employee Assistance Programme with a 24/7/365 helpline for advice and support
- Regular Staff Physical Activity Sessions and reduced price gym membership
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Family friendly policies
- Free eye tests and contribution to VDU use only glasses
- Several food outlets with a variety of menu choices
- A full range of discounted professional Hair & Beauty services provided by the Academy Salon
- Professional bakery offering variety of fresh breads, cakes and ready meals
As an individual you will be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
The College values diversity and is committed to creating a diverse workforce.