NPS Group is a national, award-winning property consultancy delivering high profile, inspiring developments to a range of public and private sector clients across the UK. NPS Norwich represents the highly successful joint venture between NPS Group and Norwich City Council, promoting sustainability and innovation across a range of property services.
We are currently looking to recruit a Senior Building Surveyor into our Norwich office, working alongside expert and multi-disciplined property professionals. You will be expected to offer technical and business advice regarding building surveying and maintenance across a number of areas, including condition, asbestos, access audits and fire risk assessments.
Due to the diverse nature of our business, you will have the opportunity to get involved with a range of different projects, undertaking a number of duties including:
- Technical due diligence surveys for both commercial and residential properties
- Preparing and undertaking specifications, drawings and risk assessments for a number of new build and refurbishments projects
- Carrying out site surveys in relation to condition, undertaking schedules of condition, dilapidations, measured surveys and defect analysis
- Leading quality assurance across projects and services, ensuring client needs are met and relevant legislation is adhered to
- Collating and presenting findings to internal and external stakeholders, offering solutions and recommendations where required
Our Successful Candidate:
We are looking for you to offer a combination of relevant commercial experience and industry recognised training for the position, demonstrated by:
- Professional Chartered Membership of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) [or equivalent], and be working towards (or prepared to work towards) Chartered status,
- Ability to foster professional relationships with new and existing clients
- Proven experience in a similar building surveying role
- Ability to work independently with minimal support or within a large multi-disciplinary team
- Previously worked on a variety of new build and refurbishment projects
- Knowledge of the Building Regulations, and other relevant construction and building surveying related legislation
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, with the ability to engage and negotiate with all levels of internal and external parties
In Return, we will offer:
- A competitive salary of £35,000 - £45,000 DoE
- 5% match contribution pension scheme
- 27 Days Annual Leave, plus 8 Bank Holidays
- A flexible benefits package
- Full scheme scheme
We are committed to employment practices and behaviours which encourage diversity, promote equality of treatment and eliminate unlawful and or unfair discrimination.
Please read the attached job description and person specification to ensure you meet the criteria for the role before applying.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications. If you have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has not been successful and will not be progressed to the next stage.