If you’re looking for a Business Systems and ICT Trainer role and feel like you’re ready to take on the next challenge, then maybe this is what you’ve been looking for. We’re looking for someone who can deliver excellent and people focused training to colleagues to support the effective use of our business systems and ICT products. Here’s three things we think you should know:
- You’ll play a key role in driving the future of Yorkshire Housing
- You can work where, when and how you want with our hub, home, roam approach.
- It’s a role with meaning, so you’ll be making a real difference to thousands of customers’ lives with what you do.
What you’ll be doing?
- Preparing to deliver excellent systems and ICT training. This will involve undertaking training needs analysis to ensure all systems and ICT training is relevant. You’ll work with managers, colleagues, ICT testers and 3rd parties to understand the system process and training requirements for new systems, or upgrades to products or software. You’ll be preparing effective and creative training materials to support online and face to face delivery. End stage user-testing of new systems will be part of your role to ensure a quality, colleague-friendly, intuitive product and then use this knowledge to train YH users
- Delivering excellent systems and ICT training Operational Excellence. You’ll deliver amazing training for new colleagues as part of their onboarding and early Induction, ensuring all colleagues have the right knowledge of our systems and software they need. Also, you’ll deliver outstanding training for colleagues across YH in support of new systems and software implementation and also support colleagues when software or products change. Additionally, coaching and mentoring will be provided by you to colleagues to maximise systems and ICT capability across Yorkshire Housing
- Delivering continuous improvement in training . Ensuring those training materials are up to date and accurate, along with evaluating all the training you’ve delivered and making improvements to approaches as needed. Finally, you’ll stay ahead of the game by keeping up to date with new system and training developments.
And what about us?
You might think of Yorkshire Housing as ‘just’ a housing provider, but we’re so much more than that. Yes, we own and manage nearly 20,000 homes (and counting) across Yorkshire and make it possible for current and future customers to have a place they’re proud to call home, but we’re also all about making a positive difference in people’s lives. We’re transforming our business by investing in people, processes and technology to deliver a consistently great experience for our customers.
The stuff that sets you apart?
- A creative, resourceful and proactive systems trainer. Someone who is truly experienced in the preparation, creation and delivery of training
- A trainer that is of course experienced in the use of all things ‘technology’ and able to break that knowledge down in a way that makes it easy for others to learn from
- An excellent communicator with strong skills in presenting and writing. We’re looking for someone with an amazing ability to get complex information across to a diverse range of colleagues
- A strong influencer who is able to adapt their style to explaining new ways of working and support to managers all the way through to front line colleagues, from those that can use technology confidently to those that don’t know where the ‘on’ button is
- A relationship builder who can and will work across the organisation in a collaborative way
- A tech enthusiast who is always learning about new systems and ICT products.
- Someone with a challenging and enquiring mind
- A deadline deliverer!
- A team-player who delivers against their own objectives, but in doing so, helps their team colleagues deliver what they have to. We’re in this together!
Pssst. One of our values is ‘Be Yourself’. We’re passionate about inclusion and we’d love to hear from people from diverse backgrounds for this role.
What’s in it for you?
In return we offer £31,694 per annum for a 35 hour week with 25 days annual leave (raising annually to 30 days) plus Bank Holidays.
We provide a fantastic reward package to suit everyone –a variety of amazing discounts via PerkBox, a great Healthcare cash plan called Health Shield and a contributory pension scheme where we will match your contributions up to 9%! As well as our great benefits and a fantastic work environment, we’re absolutely a company that cares about its employees and its customers.
We also promote a flexible working culture, as long as these fit in around the needs of your role. So you don’t need to take a day off to do that parent child reading class or take your pet to the vets or to do both! But talk it over with your manager, to make sure it fits in around what you need to do and meet business needs.