Our vision to deliver great service, provide great homes, to be a great place to work and to be a great business is central to everything we do.
We’re looking for an Internal Communications Officer (fixed term to cover maternity leave) to join our busy Communications team. *Based in our London office for two days a week – just two minutes’ walk from Warren Street and five minutes from Euston – and working from home for three days, you’ll be joining one of the country’s leading providers of affordable housing.
The successful candidate will help make sure that internal communication channels are used effectively, have maximum impact and increase staff engagement.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Deliver day-to-day internal communications activity, which drives up engagement and ensures staff are well informed.
- Co-ordinating, developing and delivering research, writing and editing and imagery, of internal communications and engagement material.
- To help manage the intranet for the business on a day-to-day basis. Regularly review the intranet and make recommendations for continuous improvement.
- To ensure internal communications is integrated into the wider communications activities
- Deliver campaigns, events and focus groups to increase staff awareness, engagement and gather feedback.
- Ensure everything produced is consistent with TGP brand and visual identity.
- Provide training and advice related to internal communications.
- Establish and manage effective working relationships with a range of internal and external contacts to ensure that all communications activities meet our standards and that information is accurate and up to date.
- Excellent oral and written communications.
- Strong experience of working with intranets and content management systems
- Proven experience of delivering internal communications campaigns.
- Proven experience of working within a communications environment delivering on agreed objectives and operational priorities.
- Ability to produce concise and informative written material.
- Ability to work on own initiative and to be proactive.
- Good persuading and influencing skills.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Strong relationship management of diverse stakeholders.
- Demonstrable experience of organising internal events.
- Ability to manage varied and complex work streams.
- Previous experience of working within an integrated communications team.
- Good project management skills.
If you are interested in joining us and would like to apply for this role, please review the role profile to ensure you meet the essential criteria.
Advert End Date: Sunday 19th September 2021 at midnight
Interviews: Taking place week commencing 27th September 2021
The Guinness Partnership is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all colleagues, and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
*Guinness started a six-month hybrid working trial from 6 September 2021 where most colleagues will be working from an office for two days a week and working from home for the other three.