Passionate about good service design in housing? Want to make a difference redesigning services for our customers and colleagues so they provide a great user experience?
We’re looking for a Service Design Manager to work within the Digital Strategy and Delivery team to drive a culture of service design in the team and the wider IT department.
You’ll be leading on project work focusing on designing end-to-end processes and accessible services, while also taking a strategic view of SHG’s service offering to customers.
As the Service Design Manager your key focus will be to reduce the cost of delivery and improve outcomes through re-design of our user experience, our business processes and provide better collaboration across our systems.
You will play a pivotal in ensuring all digital solutions are delivered through our Digital Strategy and are consciously designed for our range of users.
You will create a holistic design approach for digital housing solution with a focus on the customer lifecycle and journey that underpins our SHG Digital Strategy Roadmap.
You will be responsible for line managing a Service Designer and will report into the Head of Digital Strategy & Delivery.
Given the current Covid-19 pandemic, we’re following government guidance in relation to where people work, with many of our staff balancing working from home with working from the office depending on the nature of their role. We are planning a hybrid model of working in the future, allowing staff the flexibility to work from home, but also attend the office as needed for their role.
We have offices in Horsham, Sussex; Clerkenwell, London; Maidstone, Kent and Newport, Isle of Wight, with most of our digital team based out of the Horsham and London offices.
There is an opportunity to include a cover letter with your application. Please use this opportunity to provide additional information on how you meet the criteria as set out in the person specification, and why you are the best candidate for this role.
What we need from you
- Proven Service Design experience
- Experience of working with data and qualitative insight
- Able to design an end-to-end service journey
- Able to collaborate with other IT teams to design and develop the service
- A great role model and leader – ideally with some line management experience
What we’ll offer you
- Salary between £50,000 - £60,000 depending on experience leading service redesign at an organisational level
- 23 days holidays (plus public holidays) and as we close between Christmas and New Year, we give you another 3 days!
- The chance to buy or sell additional leave
- £250 in vouchers as part of our colleague referral scheme
- Ongoing support for your wellbeing
- An inclusive environment where it’s OK to be you!
- Flexible benefits with some really exciting options which you can find out more about here!
Why work for Southern Housing Group?
There’s never been a better time to join Southern Housing Group. You’ll be part of a dynamic team within a flexible and innovative organisation who are stable and independent, which is crucial during these unprecedented times. Our customers come from all walks of life, and so do our colleagues. We actively encourage applications from people of any background who can bring an array of experience, skills and culture to our business, making us stronger and united. We celebrate our diversity and offer a safe environment where you can feel comfortable to truly be yourself. We’re proud to be part of various networks including BAME, The Women’s Network, PRISM – we’re also a Stonewall Diversity Champion, allowing those from within the LGBTQA+ community to feel empowered to express themselves freely without prejudice.
- What we do – We're a charitable business with social objectives, and customer service is at the heart of our business. We're proud of our reputation as a financially strong, stable, and independent housing provider. Every penny we make is reinvested in new homes, improving our services, and helping transform people’s lives.
- What we offer – We offer career progression, competitive salaries, and excellent benefits. We support and train our staff to excel as they develop their careers.
- Diversity & Inclusion – Southern Housing Group is an equal opportunities employer and seeks to employ a workforce which reflects the diverse community at large. Please note that in order to be considered for these opportunities you must have the right to work in the UK. Our roles may require travel between our various offices.
- Values – We are a values led organisation, and our principles resonate throughout the heartbeat of the company. Our values are Working Together, Getting Things Done and Doing the Right Thing.
As a Disability Confident employer with disabled-friendly offices and remote working opportunities, we actively encourage everyone to come and work for us, regardless of any form of disability. As such, we’ll happily make any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process to help you, should you need it. If you need additional support with your application due a disability, please contact us and we’ll be happy to help.
Please be aware that due to the nature and sensitivity of some of our roles we are not always able to consider applications from Southern Housing Group residents. We would not normally appoint residents to roles which cover the estate or properties which they live in. We want to ensure our colleagues have a good work/life balance. Please note that additional residential checks will be completed before an offer is made.
Southern Housing Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please note that colleagues who are at risk of redundancy due to the current business reviews will be given priority consideration for this role. Applications from colleagues who are not at risk will be considered if there are no expressions of interest from ‘at risk’ colleagues.