At Lewisham Homes, we believe in building on potential. As a Universal Credit Advisor, your ability to assist tenants to make and sustain claims in relation to Universal Credit could have a real impact on people’s lives.
Lewisham Homes is an ambitious not-for-profit organisation focused on improving housing in the borough. As well as managing 19,000 homes on behalf of Lewisham Council. We aim to provide a better experience and more opportunities for residents, communities – and the dedicated people who join our growing team.
As a Universal Credit Advisor, you will be responsible for providing an effective advice and support service to maximise income and minimise rent arrears of Lewisham Homes’ residents in receipt of Universal Credit.
If successful the main duties of your role will be:
- Assist residents to make and sustain Universal Credit claims including proactively supporting tenants to provide the required information and documentation.
- Effectively and proactively, manage a case load of residents in receipt of Universal Credit, ensuring rental income is maximised whilst supporting residents to sustain their tenancies.
- Engage proactively with residents, over the phone, visiting them at home or conducting office interviews.
- Support residents to maximise their income by providing advice and assistance to ensure they are not financially excluded.
- Keep accurate records in relation to advice and support given in line with relevant Lewisham Homes policies and procedures.
- Work in partnership with colleagues and external agencies to provide excellent advice and support services to residents.
- Utilise IT systems to accurately record analyse and report on relevant customer information/data and outcomes of cases.
- Ensure individual performance targets and customer service standards are met and work collaboratively with colleagues to ensure team targets are met.
- Keep up to date with relevant Universal Credit legislation, policy and practice developments.
- Provide training and induction for staff and work placements on operational processes and practices
We expect everyone at Lewisham Homes to be eager to learn new skills and to help others. As a major local employer with over 500 staff, we are committed to providing opportunities for personal development, plus flexible and agile working to help us to continue to embrace wellbeing. We also offer benefits including: season ticket loan, 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays, health & wellbeing benefits and membership of the local government pension scheme.
Please note this is a 29 hour part time 5 month fixed term contract, working Tuesday-Fridays.
This role is agile working with some days being office-based.
If you have any further queries about the position, please contact Welfarebenefits@lewishamhomes.org.uk
For more information about Lewisham Homes, please visit our website.