bpha has an exciting new opportunity for an Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (ED&I) Lead to work with colleagues across the business to deliver the commitments of our ED&I action plans and raise the profile and importance of equality, diversity and inclusion for our employees and customers.
We believe in creating an organisation where all our employees can feel strongly connected with our social purpose and play a key part in delivering exceptional service in a place that they feel proud to work.
● Leading on the development of our ED&I strategies and action plans
● Monitoring and evaluating progress against our ED&I action plans
● Keeping up to date with any changes in legislation, regulation and best practice, making recommendations for improvements in our policies and practices
● Researching and carrying out all relevant ED&I impact assessments on policies and systems
● Providing practical advice, guidance and support to ensure that all our people are represented fairly and that our services delivered appropriately
● Leading the regular self-assessment of our ED&I approach against an external framework, making recommendations for future action
We’d love to meet someone with:
● A real passion for equality, diversity and inclusion who is eager to make a positive difference
● Proven influencing skills with the ability to deliver results through others
● Active listening skills and empathy with the ability to relate to people from a diverse range of backgrounds
● Experience of working within a lead ED&I role within a customer focused organisation
● Experience of launching and managing initiatives and engagement activities
● Experience of evaluating complex data to create meaningful management information
● Experience of producing regular reports / metrics and presenting to a range of audiences
Amongst what we offer you are:
● A competitive salary of £45,000 - £50,000
● 28 days holiday PLUS Bank Holidays
● A generous contributory pension scheme
● Private health care
● Free life assurance
● Access to an extensive suite of wellbeing services and tools including a digital gym
● Opportunities for learning and development
● Discounted gym membership
● Retail discount scheme
bpha is a forward-thinking housing association, on a mission to build thriving communities where people can live happily in a home they can afford.
We work right across the Oxford to Cambridge Arc, and own or manage over 19,000 homes. As one of the top 25 Housing Association developers in the country, we remain committed to delivering high-quality affordable housing to those who need it the most.
Our Residents, shared owners and leaseholders are at the core of everything we do at bpha. With every employee playing an important part in ensuring we continue to provide them with excellent customer service and maintaining our role as a responsible landlord.
bpha thrives on a diverse and equal culture that represents and nurtures a wide range of ideas and views. We passionately encourage and support applicants from all backgrounds and communities and pride ourselves on a fair and transparent recruitment process.
Please note the successful candidate will need to complete a basic DBS application.
Closing date: Thursday 30th September
We reserve the right to close this recruitment if it is deemed that we have received a suitable number of applications. On this basis we would advise that applications are submitted as soon as possible.
Previous EDI lead or experience
Customer focused organisation environment
Degree/CIPD or QBE
Proven influencing skills, delivering results through others/different stakeholder groups
Relevant knowledge and understanding of the equality, inclusion and fairness agendas, related legislation
Track record of embedding ED&I into employment practices and service delivery to employees & customers