Project Manager (Development - Project Delivery)
Our client is a member of the G15 housing associations based in London and we are looking for a Project Manager (client side) to join their dedicated new build affordable housing development team. You will be responsible for providing a Project Management function by supporting the management, delivery and internal reporting functions for both internally and externally contracted projects. The role will have a strong focus on ensuring excellent quality, customer satisfaction as well as meeting company objectives.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator and be able to work alongside and manage a multidisciplinary team. Teams may consist of; Employer’s Agent, Clerk of Works, Fire Safety Consultant, Independent Lift Commissioning Consultant, and RICS Registered Valuers etc.
This position requires an individual who is delivery and action focused, can identify risks and deliver effective solutions with minimal supervision to ensure delivery on-time in a fast-paced demanding environment. Your ability to see things rapidly considering the financial and commercial context will be essential.
As the Project Manager, you will deliver results through your effective time-management and progress your projects against plan, finding contingencies and solutions to avoid any slippage to the achievement of the result.
It is desirable you have undertaken work of a similar nature and have attained, or are studying for professional qualifications with the RICS, CIOB, APM or other project management qualifications, and through your continuous professional development can build on these skills to further develop yourself and the achievement of the business objectives.
Candidates will need to demonstrate the following essential skills and experience:
- Experience of Project Managing residential development schemes
- Be able to take responsibility for the day to day running of several Projects (this is subject to variation – to include new build and rectification works on existing projects)
- Experience of managing financial appraisal tools/ project business plans, including responsibility for fee/cost payment and monitoring, the raising of Purchase Orders and Invoicing/Payment processes including Works Cost, Valuation Claims, Milestone/Staged Build Costs, Consultant Fees, s106 fees/contributions, SoS and PC Grant claims etc
- Experience of Golden Brick / Land Transfer payment structures and associated tasks
- Knowledge of construction and procurement preferably but not essentially developed with the residential sector.
- Demonstrable collaboration, stakeholder management, negotiation and influencing skills at all levels
- Candidates must hold a current driving licence and have access to a car
The post holder will be required to carry out site visits. Due to Covid-19 most of the organisation is currently working from home and stay connected by utilising a vast range of technology, including Microsoft Teams.
How To Apply
Please email your CV before the closing date of Monday 27 September, 2021 at 12 noon. This advert links to the advert on our website with how to apply information.
We encourage people to apply before the closing date and we may close the advert and appoint to the role prior to the advertised closing date.
Ocean Edge specialise in recruiting to the housing sector. If you are thinking about your future career options please get in touch for a confidential discussion.