Hightown provides supported housing to people with a wide range of needs across Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Berkshire.
Our Young Peoples Housing service provides supported housing to a variety of young people who have had very different experiences. This includes those who are homeless, those leaving care, those who are estranged from family and also young people who have difficulties sustaining education, training or employment. We enable people to be more independent through support and housing that suits their needs and is accessible.
About the Role
Hightown Young Peoples Housing Service believe that every young person has the right to a safe home and the support needed to help them become independent / lead positive fulfilling lives.
As a Senior Youth Support Worker, you will be responsible for:
- Assisting the Young Peoples Hostels Manager in managing the day to day running of the scheme.
- Line management for frontline staff as well as holding a caseload of young people with multiple and complex needs.
- Providing leadership and act as a point of contact for the staff team, dealing with enquiries and complex issues that arise daily.
- Providing reassurance, coaching and guidance to staff as well dealing with unforeseen circumstances and situations that concern staff and service users professionally.
- Empowering staff to feel confidence in their role and ensure you are approachable when they need support and guidance.
You will work closely with the Young Peoples Hostels Manager to enhance the quality and development of the scheme overall. You will assist them to provide a quality service and to promote high standards of practice, which is conducive to meeting the needs of the people we support. You will work as part of the team to provide a flexible and person centred service, which adapts and responds to the changing needs and risks of our clients.
We are looking for enthusiastic and caring individuals to join our young peoples housing service in Watford which provides supported accommodation and floating support for young people aged 16-24. This is in an exciting opportunity to join an enthusiastic team who are determined to help young people reach their potential and move towards independent lives.
Were keen to recruit individuals who care about supporting vulnerable young people to achieve their aspirations and goals, as well as understanding, promoting and embracing our values:
- Putting our residents andservice users first
- Treating people withrespect, promoting independence and choice
- Developingpassionateand committed teams
- Beingcost effectivewithout compromising standards or safety
If you share our values and our passion for supporting young people, wed love you to work for us. Supporting young people can often be challenging but incredibly rewarding. Patience, compassion, resilience and creativity will be crucial in this role where you can make a difference to a vulnerable young persons life.
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a considerable benefits package which includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 33 days per year, including statutory bank holidays, rising to 35 days with service
- £23,772 pa for a 37.5hour a week contract
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus on top of your basic salary
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Ongoing professional development and support to deliver outstanding support
- Workplace pension scheme and life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Refer-a-friend scheme: Earn a £130 bonus for each friend you refer to work for us
- Access to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for use at work
- Access to COVID-19 vaccinations
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
This role requires you to hold a full UK driving licence and have access to your own car.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search