bpha are a forward-thinking housing association, on a mission to build thriving communities where people can live happily in a home they can afford.
We work right across the Oxford to Cambridge Arc, and own or manage over 19,000 homes. As one of the top 25 Housing Association developers in the country, we remain committed to delivering high-quality affordable housing to those who need it the most.
Our Residents, shared owners and leaseholders are at the core of everything we do at bpha. With every employee playing an important part in ensuring we continue to provide them with excellent customer service and maintaining our role as a responsible landlord.
We are looking for a New Business Analyst to join our Development New Business Team working on a hybrid basis from both home and/or our office in Bedford. The ideal candidate will have a relevant degree (e.g. finance, real estate etc.) and or experience in the industry. Efficiency and accuracy are both very important in this role as you will often need to work to tight deadlines, while maintaining the high standards of work product expected from this team.
What you will be doing:
- Undertaking accurate and thorough research into local market evidence in support of development appraisals.
- Liaising with other departments within the company to source accurate detail for specific inputs for the investment appraisals.
- Completing Investment Committee report including supporting information when seeking approval to exchange to a high and accurate standard with a high attention to detail.
- Contacting local agents, new build sales teams, and using databases to find comparable evidence of recent sales and lettings to speedily allow knowledge of local market dynamics.
- Assisting senior members of the team with putting together appraisals and bid packs for the investment committee.
We’d love to meet someone with:
- A higher education qualification, MRICS or working towards would be advantageous.
- Proficient in the use of excel, with experience of running appraisals, ideally proficient with ProVal and Sequel.
- Ability to source market information efficiently including engaging with local agents.
- Proficient at maintaining databases/spreadsheets and providing regular management information.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work in a team but also manage your own workload.
- Have a genuine interest in the development process and the residential market with an emphasis on affordable housing.
Amongst what we offer you is:
- A competitive salary of £32,500
- 28 days holiday PLUS Bank Holidays
- A generous contributory pension scheme
- Private health care
- Free life assurance
- Access to an extensive suite of wellbeing services and tools including a digital gym
- Opportunities for learning and development
- Discounted gym membership
- Retail discount scheme
Please note the successful candidate will be required to complete a basic DBS application and this will need to be returned and verified by bpha before a start date can be provided.
Closing date: Monday 4th October, 2021
Interview date: To be confirmed