The role and person
- Temporary/Secondment opportunity (up to 8 months)
- 35 Hours
We have an opportunity for an Extra Care Scheme Manager at Kirk House. The successful candidate will provide an efficient, effective and responsive scheme management service to the residents of and applicants to the scheme.
You will provide support and arrange care on an equal basis all residents of the scheme and be responsible for day to day maintenance of the building & the services provided.
You will be a real team player and work within a multi-disciplinary team, acting as a co-ordinator of care & contributing to the provision of a home care and support service based on assessed need.
Duties to include:
- To liaise with applicants and arrange for them to visit the scheme in advance of any vacancy.
- To be a liaison point/recipient of the monthly waiting list
- To set up appointments with applicants and to conduct accompanied viewings/sign-ups when vacancies arise
- To welcome new residents into the scheme and introduce them to the facilities and services, e.g. fire alarms, emergency procedures etc
- To provide advice and assistance to tenants on obtaining electricity and telephone service and provide advice on payment of bills
- To undertake initial action/liaise in dealing with minor breaks of tenancy, e.g. noise nuisance
- To undertake arrears advocacy work; i.e. liaison with residents and Housing Benefits departments, explanations of letters/rent accounts
- To notify the office immediately of the intention by a resident to terminate the tenancy
- To advise, assist and support tenants generally and deal with local problems as they arise
- To make daily contact with all tenants and to call on frail or indisposed residents at least twice a day
- To answer emergency calls and summon assistance as required
- To provide a link with other support such as relatives, neighbours, doctors and domiciliary welfare services and obtain help/assist in arranging of appointments as required
- To provide advice and assistance with regard to Benefit entitlement and assist in completion of application forms and referrals to Agencies
- To resolve any difficulties resulting from a resident’s inability to look after themselves satisfactorily and any cases where a resident is not receiving adequate support from family or statutory authorities
- In consultation with residents and in conjunction with the home care agency, facilitate services that enhance the residents’ ability to continue to live independently
- To undertake formal assessment of the residents’, support needs and review these at least every six months. To monitor and contribute to the review of the agreed care plans in consultation with residents, carers, other professionals and service providers. To attend full quarterly inter-agency review meetings
- To attend weekly review meetings with the care agency, District Nurse and Social Worker and co-ordinate the provision of extra care within the scheme, contributing to the assessment process for care and support plans that are agreed with residents, carers, other professionals and service providers
- To be responsible for the Health and Safety aspects on the scheme in accordance with appropriate legislation and Organisation’s policies. Any incidents or potential incidents should be logged and reported
- To notify the office immediately of the death of a resident and adhere to the appropriate procedure
- To encourage social activities by the residents within the scheme or in conjunction with neighbouring associations or organisations
- To co-operate with residents or any other organisation who may operate a lunch club within a scheme
- To support and encourage the formation and continuance of any resident association, working alongside the Tenancy Services Officer
- To liaise with applicants to the scheme and invite them to social events
- To chair residents’ meetings when the need arises
- To arrange emergency repairs outside office hours in accordance with the Organisation’s Policy
- To report repairs
Kirk House, Tanpits Road, Church, Accrington, Lancashire, BB5 4HD.
The spot salary for this post £23,986 per annum for applicants who fully meet the requirements of the post. Applicants, who do not meet all of the requirements of the post, will start 5% or 10% below the spot salary.
- 28 days paid holiday per year rising by 1 day per year up to a maximum of one working week
- Option to purchase additional holiday of up to 2 of your working weeks (at managers discretion)
- Cycle Scheme
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
- A choice of salary based contributory pension schemes, a defined benefit scheme or a defined contribution scheme, each offering life assurance cover
Who are Accent?
We own almost 22,000 houses across the north, east and south of the country.
They are home to over 35,000 customers. We exist to improve lives, providing people with high quality homes, affordably. Whatever their housing need, whether family, single, older or more vulnerable – our customers come first. They are always at the very heart of our business.
If you feel great about delivering excellent services to customers, then we feel great about you joining the Accent team.
And we are a team. We live and breathe our values – we are smart, we are driven, we are caring and we are inclusive – are you? If you can do what’s right and challenge what you think is wrong, relish the opportunity to work with some fabulous colleagues to improve the customer experience and make sure we keep to our promises, then you are the person we are looking for.
Come and join us and start your own journey with Accent. We aim to be number one, and you could help us get there.