This is an exciting opportunity to work as part of the Asset Management & Investment Team to deliver an outstanding responsive repairs services and contribute to the delivery of the Council’s strategic objectives for its Housing portfolio. With over 11000 homes and further 3000 leasehold and shared ownership properties, from those built as part of the New Town Development to cottages built in 1897 we face a variety of challenges. You will play a pivotal role in ensuring our residents’ homes are well maintained and empty properties are repaired quickly and to a good standard. You will be involved in shaping and growing the team as we respond to the current and future challenges faced within the housing sector.
To ensure we achieve our desired outcomes you will:
- Manage and lead your team and partnering contractor to deliver outstanding performance, high customer satisfaction and value for money
- Work as part of the Asset Management & Investment Team, along with our partnering contractor, to ensure delivery of an outstanding responsive repairs and relet service.
- Manage budgets for responsive repairs, ensuring effective use of funds.
- Be responsible for the monitoring and managing of partnering contractors and operational processes.
- Foster excellent internal and external working relationship with residents, councillors, partnering contractors and stakeholders to continually improve service delivery.
- Ensure relevant information from the repair works is reflected in the asset management database to support our Asset Manager in future decisions and budget planning.
To be successful you will need experience, qualifications and skills, including:
- Membership of a professional body, such as the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors, Chartered Institute of Housing or equivalent.
- Possess a degree level qualification and/or significant relevant experience in a senior leadership role in the repairs and maintenance social housing sector.
- Extensive experience in the delivery of responsive maintenance services and property investment
- Experience of managing and monitoring capital and revenue budgets
- Able to lead, develop, motivate and manage teams of direct staff and partnering contractors delivering a variety of services
- Able to analyse complex data and deliver information, written or spoken, to a range of audiences
- Able to manage complex maintenance projects, mitigating risks during the delivery of the works and ensuring expenditure is monitored.
If this sounds like you and you are looking for a new challenge apply today to join us and as well as the satisfaction of knowing you are working towards improving our residents homes and environment you will also benefit from what Milton Keynes Council has to offer as an employer.
Role will be based from home primarily with site visits and attendance at meetings and forums as required.