The Housing Regeneration team leads on the development of Housing Strategies and develops and delivers new affordable housing across a range of tenures including direct delivery of new council housing and the regeneration of existing homes. The team is also responsible for developing and delivering other initiatives such as the Property Purchase Programme, Empty Property programme, Extra Care housing. It includes maximising external funding opportunities and working with external partners such as housing associations and private developers.
With just under 5,000 council homes we are one of the smallest local housing authorities in London but have big ambitions to increase that by building around 20% additional council homes for rent and shared ownership. Our plans are progressing well but we need another experienced Project Manager to help deliver our ambitions. You could be leading on small site projects delivering a handful of homes or large regeneration projects, from design to completion. You will already have considerable project management experience in the delivery of new homes. A professional qualification is desirable but not essential as there will be opportunities to develop your skills with us.
Harrow Council is the 12th largest London borough and one of the most culturally diverse local authorities in the UK, making it a great place to live, work and visit. Located 10 miles from the city centre and just 13 minutes to Euston from Harrow & Wealdstone station there are great transport links via the Metropolitan Line, Watford DC Line and national rail service. It is easily accessible to the M1, M25 and A406.
You will have:
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of local, national and regional plans and policies for housing development, regeneration and town planning.
- Substantial experience of managing and delivering complex new build projects with high value budgets
- Experience of using industry standard financial appraisal models to ensure scheme viability
- Excellent communication and engagement skills and experience of successfully engaging with residents and others in a diverse community, building positive and productive working relationships
- Good knowledge of funding options including GLA grant funding procedures
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Enthusiasm and commitment to improving the lives of local residents through the provision of affordable housing.
We are committed to supporting and developing the skills and expertise of our workforce. We have a wide range of internal training opportunities to develop you as a manager and leader and other professional development opportunities will be considered.
For more information, please refer to the Role Profile / Selection criteria
If you like to discuss this informally please contact Alison Pegg on Teams or Mobile 07592 110410 or Kulwinder Singh Rai on Teams or 07395 840477
Support for candidates visit: Harrow.gov.uk
Our behavioural indicators for roles above G11
Here at Harrow Council, the vision is one of 'Working together to make a difference for Harrow'