At Lewisham Homes, we believe in building on potential. As an Income Assistant, your ability to manage incoming and outgoing communication including post, phone calls, text messages and emails could have a real impact on people’s lives.
Lewisham Homes is an ambitious not-for-profit organisation focused on improving housing in the borough. As well as managing 19,000 homes on behalf of Lewisham Council. We aim to provide a better experience and more opportunities for residents, communities – and the dedicated people who join our growing team.
As an Income Assistant, you will be responsible for providing an effective, flexible, responsive and people focused administrative support service to the Income Team, including rent collection duties.
If successful the main duties of your role will be:
- To be responsible for managing incoming and outgoing communication including post, phone calls, text messages and emails.
- To proactively provide cover for Income Officers to ensure rental income is maximised.
- To attend County Court for possession proceedings and evictions when required, completing an inventory of goods and arranging for removal and storage of goods.
- To support to the Customer Service Team by providing cover for reception and telephone duties as and when required.
- To update records and databases relating to court action, liaising with solicitors and internal staff to keep these up-to-date.
- To prepare court paperwork for solicitors and internal staff.
- To support the recovery of former tenant and garage arrears, taking a range of actions in the recovery process.
- To support the work of the Welfare Benefits Team, promoting and attending resident events.
- To work diligently towards achieving qualitative and quantitative performance KPIs completing work in accordance with agreed targets and timescales.
This is a 16 hour, 12 month fixed term contract working mornings Monday-Friday.
We expect everyone at Lewisham Homes to be eager to learn new skills and to help others. As a major local employer with over 500 staff, we are committed to providing opportunities for personal development, plus flexible and agile working to help us to continue to embrace wellbeing. We also offer benefits including: season ticket loan, 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays, health & wellbeing benefits and membership of the local government pension scheme.
This role is agile working with some days being office based.
For more information about Lewisham Homes and this opportunity, please visit our website.