Goodman Masson are proud to be working exclusively with Sixty Bricks, a dynamic and creative Housing Development company owned by the London Borough of Waltham Forest. Its mission is to be;
“the net zero carbon developer of choice in Waltham Forest maximising the social housing provided in a financially sustainable manner”
Sixty Bricks are seeking an experienced Development Director who will be responsible for the programme of New Business and Delivery to hit their target of 4,000 new homes in the next 10 years. It is an exciting time to be joining Sixty Bricks executive team with a newly appointed Chief Executive and Finance and Resources Director. You will be tasked with leading the full development programme and continuing to grow Sixty Bricks presence across the market.
The Ideal candidate will come from a residential housing background, either from the Public or Private sector with a track record in leading teams and successfully delivering of a full cycle development programme. You will be an inspirational leader who can promote innovation throughout the team to build beautiful homes for the residents of Waltham Forest. You will be reporting directly to the Chief Executive and the Board which means you will have a genuine opportunity to impact change and organisational decisions.
Provide strategic and operational leadership for the company’s development portfolio and managerial leadership of the New Business and Delivery functions ensuring successful delivery of Sixty Bricks’ Mission and Business Plan priorities
- To be the net zero carbon developer of choice in Waltham Forest, maximising the social housing provided in a financially sustainable manner ensuring profits enable housing and community benefits in the Borough
- Delivering up to 4,000 new homes in the next 10 years - with annual investment of c£50m presently, with a planned increase to c£100m within 3 years
- National sector leader, working towards a net zero carbon development business and providing net zero carbon, environmentally positive, social housing schemes thorughout the Borough.
Senior executive team lead for:
- Contract Management
- Delivery assurance
- Lead the company’s end to-end development portfolio from RIBA 0-7, ensuring agreed Business Plan objectives in relation to the delivery of financially sustainable net zero carbon social housing schemes.
- Plan, resource and deliver the company’s housebuilding development portfolio, overseeing the building of new homes, identification of sites, securing planning compliance.
- Successful construction delivery phase, practical completion, and successful handover arrangements.
- Ensure strong and effective client and commercial management of all multidisciplinary teams to deliver the SBL’s development objectives re: design, cost, and programme milestones.
- Have Executive oversight of the delivery assurance arrangements for the development programme, including programme, and project management methodologies, risk management, governance.
- Work with the Chief Executive to develop the company’s pipeline and growth strategy to ensure the development function is positioned to undertake effective appraisal and assessment of opportunities.
- Working with the Director of Finance and Resources to ensure the financial status forecasts and performance of the development portfolio
- A sustained track record as a senior housing development professional of leading the end-to-end RIBA 0-7 development cycle to secure tangible financial, environmental sustainability and social value benefits from mixed tenure developments.
- Experience and understanding of professional standards, strategies, and approaches to integrating zero carbon and environmental sustainability into the design and delivery of housing development portfolio, programmes, and schemes.
- Experience of identifying, tracking, and delivering social value contributions generated from housing development investment portfolio and programmes.
- A substantial and well-proven track record of leading the planning, procurement, contract management and successful completion of mixed tenure housing development portfolios and programmes.
- Experience of working as a senior professional with, and being accountable to company Boards, Client representatives, and external stakeholders.
- Act with integrity in all matters, and able to build high levels of trust and confidence underpinned by professional transparency with all staff, suppliers, and stakeholders.
- Professionally resilient and experienced in managing complex, multiple priorities and embodying high levels of personal drive and energy.
- Committed to the promotion and delivery of diversity and inclusion, particularly as it relates to staff and customers.
- A champion of innovation and proactively encourages creativity, ideas, and new approaches.
- Actively role models and champions company priorities and values in all
- aspects of job performance.
- Committed to making substantial impact on climate change and biodiversity through running a NetZero carbon company and delivering a net zero carbon
- development programme.
- CIOB, RICS, RIBA or equivalent level qualification in related field (e.g. contract, programme, or project management)
Please reach out to Jamie Fitch or Henry Ivall for a discrete confidential conversation about the role.
For more information on this role, please click the red 'apply' button to be redirected.